Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   The ALL-TIME Worlds BEST Throttle Man is.... (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/47564-all-time-worlds-best-throttle-man.html)

c12 04-13-2003 08:23 PM

Kirk I would vote for you. But really I think it would be impossible to pick just one. Its like fighting over the best basketball player, or best pitcher. They never all played at the same time. Same thing here. I think a top 50 list would be a better way to do it with no order to it.

Whats up kirk how our you. How are craig and sammy doing.
I have to give you guys a call.

Scorer83 04-13-2003 08:30 PM

but anyone who can survive a stuff that included a basal skull fracture and go race in Europe some weeks later still seeing double has the gift
Is this because of his talent or heritage?:D
Kirk - not a shy one are you? You're right, you are as good as they get, but I do think everyone fits into a category like T2x outlined and WORLD CLASS is a little different than GREAT. World Class has to be earned over MANY years.

Ryan Beckley 04-13-2003 10:39 PM

My list of my heros include. JT at the VERY TOP he knows all his stuff. Joey Imprescia, Hurley Stepp, Mark Lavin, Kirk Dunteman, Gary Ballough, Timmy Steiner, Paul Whittier, Felix Serrales, JD D'elia, Errol Lanier, Steve Curtis. There probably a few people I'm forgetting too.

ScalpTaker36 04-13-2003 11:23 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Bobby Saccenti has been taking scalps for over 25 years now.

The comeback with the all new Team Apache should put that young man right back on top.

PS I don't work for him...

Back4More 04-14-2003 12:12 AM

Nope...He works for you!:D
Hows the boat comin along? any more pics for us?

SHARKEY-IMAGES 04-14-2003 04:55 AM

SPEED GIRL,
I was looking at your Avatar while I was typing and got messed up with my typing...;) :D :D :D :crazy:

Dean Ferry 04-14-2003 07:14 AM

@ this present time in history it's JT, BUT keep your eye on John Cosker, he's learning FAST! To this day, most amazing boat ride I've had in my life was with Cosker @ the helm!
MD

Agitator 04-14-2003 07:22 AM

Ryan you suck up

Just because I give you all my sticker work you must have felt obligated to throw me in the list. Hey how many people can go 108 in a 24 skater sideways? Kirk out.

World class has to be earned over many years? I've been racing since 85, somewhere in the 30's for victories, 7 or 8 top guns(with a modified boat) first to go undefeated. still hold record at 12 consecutive( 2 were top guns) 5 world championships 3 1/2 nationals. 50 consecutive top 3 finishes(consistant). Because of what happened to Mark Lavin (old friend and hero of mine)is why I got out of racing when I started my family. What happend sat makes me rethink over my coming back to racing alittle bit.

As Babe Ruth said "its not bragging if you can do it":rolleyes:

Shane 04-14-2003 07:41 AM

Great thread. As the ever obsolete T2x noted, categorization is probably most appropriate for a topic such as this. With that in mind, I would like to add a couple.

Throttle and setup man that never really got a shot at the big time... Charlie Tesauro. I know of very few that can set up a small outboard cat and run it like it was a 46 Skater than Charlie. To bad he never had the chance to really get out there is a bigger boat.

Throttleman that would have been a top contender had he just been more humble and let his abilities speak for themselves is Nicky Cutro. I would have to say that there is not a more honest and hard working guy in the business. NIcky can set up, keep together and run the livin' hell out of a boat and continually do extremely well. I have raced with, crashed with, and learned an aweful lot from this man. I just wish for his own sake he would just keep quiet and do what he does best and he would be a sensation.

I have tremendous respect and admiration for many of the names mentioned here among others. As was said earlier, it is very difficult to compare certain people because some were/are great vee bottom guys, some are great cat guys. Some had better equipmant than others. You must differentiate between these various characteristics otherwise you are comparing apples and oranges. Great thread though.

Offshore Addiction 04-14-2003 07:50 AM

Lance Henrichsen