Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   The ALL-TIME Worlds BEST Throttle Man is.... (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/47564-all-time-worlds-best-throttle-man.html)

Sean 04-14-2003 08:13 AM

Some excellent choices...I would say that JT and Joey Imprescia are certainly two of the best modern day t-men...but one name that deserves mention in my opinion is Jim McIntyre who raced with Carl Meyers for a short time with How Sweet It Is, raced Mad Mac, MG-23, Hot N Nasty among others.

I've been in many boats with him and believe him to be a very talented throttleman...some have it; some don't...and you can tell those who have it...

I think Randy Schleuss also deserves mention because even though alot of focus is placed on the big boys running big cats, it definitely takes alot of skill to throttle an F-1 boat in big water with minimal drive failure and a whole lot of wins...

Just my humble opinions...

Offshore Addiction 04-14-2003 08:19 AM

Lance Henrichsen

waterspeed 04-14-2003 08:26 AM

J. D. D'Elia....

Hey Blo-Out...What's up?

Treadwellmotorsports 04-14-2003 08:31 AM

all the above people are very good choices.
my choice would be jack stoerrle. jack and i raced for almost ten years together. he was the best i have raced with so far. he would never miss a beat. unfortunatly he will never truly be noted because he did not have a chance to run in a bigger boat. he was up and coming, but nipped in the bud. i would put him in the catagory with lavin.

Treadwell

kitten 04-14-2003 09:13 AM

Originally posted by timucin

6. The World's handsomest T-man..... T.S (Timucin Sirin)
;);)

:D We want pictures of you from over seas!

searace 04-14-2003 09:51 AM

Howard Throttled in 84 with Gary Jeffries driving. I was impressed with what i saw. As far as Marshall is concerned, I ran in the boat with him for 3 years. I think that makes me quallified to judge his abilities first hand. And, my statement stands

searace 04-14-2003 09:56 AM

J. D. Special Edition... now theres a thottle man!! they rocked!

kitten 04-14-2003 10:09 AM

Bob Teague and he has probably been on the cover of more magizines, than any supermodel lol :D

lucy 04-14-2003 10:41 AM

1 Attachment(s)
a. robt. saccenti gets my vote twice!

C_Spray 04-14-2003 12:12 PM

I think Bobby Moore deserves a little more recognition here. As T2x noted, Bobby was the first (he invented the concept, right?). T2x also pointed out some time ago in another thread that Bobby was his candidate for "smartest" throttleman, never running harder than he had to. Anyone who saw him run the four-engine "Nuff Respect" Skater had to admire how smooth he could make that monster look. Also and excellent mechanic/setup man/rigger - he did a great job setting up an unusual boat for me six years ago, and I was impressed with his knowledge and the results. (Typical "dumb like a fox" North Carolina guy: Talk slow, but think fast...)
One of the few survivors from "the old days", too. That has to mean something...