Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   The ALL-TIME Worlds BEST Throttle Man is.... (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/47564-all-time-worlds-best-throttle-man.html)

Shane 04-14-2003 12:15 PM

Originally posted by C_Spray
I think Bobby Moore deserves a little more recognition here. As T2x noted, Bobby was the first (he invented the concept, right?). T2x also pointed out some time ago in another thread that Bobby was his candidate for "smartest" throttleman, never running harder than he had to. Anyone who saw him run the four-engine "Nuff Respect" Skater had to admire how smooth he could make that monster look. Also and excellent mechanic/setup man/rigger - he did a great job setting up an unusual boat for me six years ago, and I was impressed with his knowledge and the results. (Typical "dumb like a fox" North Carolina guy: Talk slow, but think fast...)
One of the few survivors from "the old days", too. That has to mean something...

C_Spray-The Ever Present Voice Of Logic and Reasoning.:) :)

T2x 04-14-2003 12:31 PM

Bobby's been knocked off of my mantle by Jerry...as the smartest. Jerry has not only been smart in what he does....but in who he does it for......

Bobby also clung to the four engine concept... a little too long.

T2x

BLO-OUT 04-14-2003 02:53 PM

Marcus whats up?--you floating this year?

Hauling Trash 04-14-2003 03:44 PM

Jay Muller ,Gets my vote to

MitchStellin 04-14-2003 05:39 PM

I say Muhammed Ali......he throttled many men:D George Forman.....he throttled many men also.

ScalpTaker36 04-14-2003 08:37 PM

Originally posted by Back4More
Nope...He works for you!:D
Hows the boat comin along? any more pics for us?

Very slow (being built that is)

Bob & Eric are moving to a new building, so it's sort of slowing things down.

I'll post some new pics in a week or so.

Fred

Bulldog 04-14-2003 10:07 PM

John Conner- He was the 'twist the sticks for dough' guy alongside Betty Cook- and the fact that both of their names are stenciled on my boat has nothing to do with my choice-:p

Bulldog

SPITFIRE 04-14-2003 11:02 PM

going old school

bobby moore and bob saccenti. would take any boat ,through anything with either one of these legends.

MIAMIBOYZ 06-18-2008 10:51 AM

Great thread to bring back for the Don Aronow memorial race this weekend.

My favorite T/M is Willie Diaz of El Boss with Julio De Varona as the driver.

HabanaJoe 06-18-2008 06:47 PM

I'm not trying to cause trouble here but.............you guys don't even mention Fabio or Stefano, those guys can/could run a boat. I'm not discounting anyone on your lists but everytime they came here they pretty much raced in rough waters and beat everyone on your lists.

I've been in the Buzzi boats with both Sirois and Gilbreath, both are/were great but couldn't run them like an Italian!!!

Tres Martin was the only person I could say I ran alongside that could run a boat like an Italian!!!