Which 38 V-hull with twin 525 EFIs? >

Which 38 V-hull with twin 525 EFIs?

Notices

Which 38 V-hull with twin 525 EFIs?

Old 04-13-2003, 09:39 AM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Received 1,195 Likes on 519 Posts

I have driven a 2003 Sonic 386 with the new Infused (lighter, stronger & faster than previous) hull. See my link below for more details on my test drive. This boat ran a solid 80 MPH on relatively smooth Ches. Bay waters. This is not a stepped boat, and has NO handling quirks. It does need a bit bigger water to air it out and see 82 on the GPS. Like everyone said, your better half, will want this boat when she sees it. You will want this boat after you drive it. IMHO, it is the best all around performer in this class with the enormous amount of ammenites you get; bearing in mind price. You will still stay in your price range for a new Sonic with all the toys. Anything else and you are going to have to go used.

http://offshoreonly.com/forums/showt...ove+2003+sonic

And all you folks that think Sonic is ailing when it comes to performance in the hull...

I have confirmed info that a stripped 386 Sonic is being built for F-2 competition as we speak. I do not know for who, what dates are expected, or where it will be raced, but watch out when this boat splashes. It will probably run mid-80s, and some may be faster, but races aren't won by straight line speed in F-racing. This boat will run 80+ the entire length of the circuit, including the nasty stuff and the turns.
Old 04-13-2003, 11:02 AM
The D Effect

Default Thank you for all the feedback

I got way more responses than I thought I would get(Very active board). Does anyone live in the Tampa area that would want to give a test ride in some of these boats. I think I will look at the Sonic first since we all know if the wife does not like the boat is a no can do. I also would like to look at the Velocity since they are built within a 2 hour ride from my house. Thanks Mike

Old 04-13-2003, 12:30 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

MIKE,

We have a Active Thunder factory rep in the Tampa area who will be more than happy to give you a ride in his Active Thunder. He has a 2002 496ho boat. His boat is the older version with the lower deck and older style cabin. He is selling it and replacing with the new taller deck and millenium cabin. Give me a call at the above number and I will hook the two of you up this week. Then I can send you some pictures of what the new cabin looks like. 856-912-0850

Last edited by thunderdan; 04-13-2003 at 12:33 PM.
Old 04-13-2003, 07:09 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Since everyone is chiming in and no Powerquest owners have said anything, I will. Look at one! It is very fast with stock engines. Handles great. Has a huge cockpit and cabin. Their pricing is better than most and probably the best support from the factory. I like to run hard, and the boat does not mind at all. It will cruise all day long at 70 and take you over 80 with 500 efi's. Like everyone else here I am biased, but they are definately worth a look if you need to keep the family happy with space.