Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Oh this ain't good....... (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/47624-oh-aint-good.html)

Biggus 04-13-2003 03:41 PM

Shore,

It`s just a plain bolt I think about 1/2"thread. As mentioned before, in salt water use, the bolt siezes up in the steel sleeve on the bellhousing motor mount. I`ve been there before and the last time I fought with it pretty hard. One came out with a 1"drive impact gun and the other one stripped the hex. I did the breaker bar thing too, 1" drive with a 4 foot pipe and it still would not budge. Ended up cutting the head of the bolt off with a cut-off saw and pulled the motor with an electric chainfall. The sleeve pulled out of the rubber mount in the bellhousing. This was kind of a drastic measure but we did not care about the boat, It had been crushed by a big tree and I was stripping the boat and did not have to be careful.:eek:

Good luck,

Kurt

marinepro21 04-13-2003 03:45 PM

If you have access to a bellhousing thats off an engine you will see what your up against.

Good Luck, They can be a *****! Now you understand what we techs go through for the love of working on boats LOL.

If you get upset,take a break and have a cold one. Don't break any fingers.

Keep us posted

Shorgasm 04-13-2003 04:12 PM

Drillin her out boys..........stay tuned......titanium to the rescue....:rolleyes:

Mr. Demeanor 04-13-2003 04:13 PM

The joys of ownership!

Shorgasm 04-13-2003 05:03 PM

Minor technical issue........drilling now......3/16 right through.....1/2....Umm no!

formula31 04-13-2003 05:13 PM

An if you end up needing a bellhousing, guess what I have, 2 of them that will fit your coupler and not a bravo coupler. Your welcome to one. Good mounts too.

Shorgasm 04-13-2003 06:55 PM

Formula31....You're kidding right...?....Ya know if I ever have a kid ....Tom is gonna be his or her name...

Needless to say the drilling didn't work.....3/16 went right through.....nothing else did....so there she sits!

I've been keeping a real cool head about this and that is par for my course.....

Oh and did I mention that the little FIRES that those of you may have seen when leaving Daytona this afternoon....It was the entire wooded block across the street from my friggin house.....HOLY CHIT!!!!!:crazy: :crazy: I spent two hours hosing the roof yard and everything else in the yard down...little fires everywhere.....Good grief.....:confused: but all is well and wet!

;)

Tom if you would be so kind as to send those parts too I would soo apprecite it and those mounts would be greatly appreciated as the ones that are on there now are buggered beyond imagine...:rolleyes: of course this would be my fault also!

formula31 04-13-2003 07:42 PM

OK, one flywheel housing on its way. You will need to get 2 new mounting bolts and nuts from merc. Maybe springs and washers to if they are shot.

cuda 04-13-2003 07:53 PM

That's great F31, nothing like the OSO brotherhood!:)

Shorgasm 04-13-2003 08:03 PM

Man I tell ya what......Formula31 rocks...ya know what they say Tom!

What goes around comes around......you're gonna have plenty coming back to ya!

Ya know guys I don;t know how many of you have been following my repair issues but this is NOT the first time Formula31 had helped me out on this issue.And that I will remember for a LONGGGGG time.ThnX Buddy........Terry

I wish I had a webcam to let you guys watch me do this DAMN boat!.....You'd be amazed at the patience from a person with tiny mosqiutos biting him $30 Titanium bits breaking off and black ashes falling on his head from the fire across the street.All the while talking politely to the 70 year old neighbor right behind him....
:crazy: