If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: have you ever left the plug out?

163. You may not vote on this poll
  • yes

71 43.56%
  • no

92 56.44%
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    never had that prob yet but I do keep a spare plug and 5/8 wrench duct taped to the underside of my dash just in case it ever happens

My Boats:
    Boatless... Damn...
    yes.... nuff said hehe

My Boats:
    Y2K Baja 29 Outlaw
    Lake Erie,MI

Sounds like somebody was thinking with the "Little Head" and not the big one.
    Did it once with my first boat. 1977 Slickcraft 17.5 ft. I was out too far to head back to shore. So I dived head first into the engine compartment( single engine) And put in a spare plug. Figured the best thing to do was to plug that hole. It was a close call.

Only once.... the second time I ever launched a boat.... It was around 1986 had my mom's 20 ft mini daycruiser (west coast type boat) at the Parker strip (below Havasu) .. backed her in at the loaunch ramp at Buckskin .... headed down river and noticed a bunch of steam coming up all around me .... hmmmm... looked back and there was around a foot and a half of water rushing towards me! AAHHHHHH ..... looked over in the cupholder and saw the plug... I just ran it up on the beach and jumped out even before it stopped.. dove in and put the plug in ... whewwww..

Later that day I dove in the river and forgot to remove my wallet from my pants... It sucked because it was my 21st birthday... and NO ID!!! ARRRGHHH!!

AT Cult Member #3 VIP Member R Addiction's Avatar
    My Boats:
    '99 Active Thunder Tantrum
    Damn, You peeps are lucky!! I'm going to keep my mouth shut.

273.76 miles from Havasu

Cool Hey Havasuparty...

...don't sweat it!

I'm sure there's worse to come (I'm a half-full kind of guy). Has the ice thawed at all on LOTO?

For about $20 (and some wiring) and auto-bilge pump switch is a nice feature...

PS- Half way done on the Crown.

My Boats:
    2015 MTI 48
    Been there, Done that. Once. It leaves a lasting impression.

Splashed the new boat a couple of years ago on our way home from picking it up, in a hurry, hmmmmmm, won't plane for sh*t! Same thing, dove in the water, screwed plug in a few turns, then loaded on trailer and waited 20 minutes for the water to drain.

Like I said. Once.

My Boats:
    1982 KV Scarab
    7.5mm LOTO
    Hey LOTOparty.
    What lake were you at? I saw a 28 Sunsation On K-10 Sat. Was that you?

I myself just got back from LOTO and BOY WAS THAT GREAT WEATHER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Way to handle the situation. Talk L8er

Charter Member # 55 Charter Member Griff's Avatar
    My Boats:
    ..........32........... Active Thunder
    Did it once and luckily for me I noticed the auto bilge light on the switch was on and saw the water coming out the side dump befor eI ever unhooked the boat from the trailor.

Are we having fun, yet? Charter Member Gizmo's Avatar
    My Boats:
    95' 32' Sunsation, 500hps
    Chesterfield, Va.

Thumbs up

Never did the plug trick. Last year, first splash, I had my son with me. We idled out of the marina, headed down river to the first no wake zone (bout a mile), as I was idling past a guy on a dock yells to me,"got your plug in?". I got the son the take the wheel, while I checked out the engine compartment. I had forgotten to install the drain plugs in the manifolds. The bilge pump was kickin azz!!! Luckily, I had the plugs in the boat.
    My girlfriend is my insurance policy against not putting the plug in. She starts asking if I have the plug in long before the boat hits the water.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast