Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   32 Pachanga, Tell Me About Them (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/47681-32-pachanga-tell-me-about-them.html)

deboatmon 04-14-2003 03:53 PM

Pachanga

I owned a 32 Pachanga and they are very nice boats. Actually not as heavy as some have indicated here when compared to boats of their generation and size. Virtually all have Alpha drives and the "Magnum" is only a 454/330. They have very nice fit and finish as they are Sea Ray built. Most have marine air too. They also have nice cabin amenities, especially for a 32. They have a very restrictive stock exhaust system and few if any serious heavy duty offshore mechanical pieces.

Still, a very nice boat inside and with high quality upholstery. Many have Merc ZERO EFFORT controls instead of the std Merc stuff.

I've seen a few with refit Bravos and strong 454's or 502EFI's that would do a little over 70mph. 78mph w/ stock 454/330's is pure hallucination and a Sea Ray speedo.

They are a very nice, sanitary, gentlemanly, boat with pretty decent performance. Not a great rough water boat as compared to some other true offshore offerings.

Worth $49,000.00 ? No way. More like $28-33,000.00 if in excellent condition and w/trailer. Like others said, try www.boattraderonline.com. There are usually many for sale there. Also, the 32 w/ small blocks is very nice and handles quite differently. I think a 32 w/small block with Whipple's would be a very nice performer. I don't know about the Alpha's though.

VelocityMike 04-14-2003 04:05 PM

My dad has an '88 Pachanga that he wants to sell. 78mph is dreaming that in that boat. I had his to just about 70mph but I would not want to go much faster then that. Has lots of room inside and it comfortable but does not have the best ride in rough water. A little heavy but can still be fun. If you want to talk to me on the phone about these boats pm me and let me know. I just got his out and got it started for him. I can tell what you may want to know.

delsol 04-14-2003 06:14 PM

A friend of mine just sold his 89' with 454's and bravo's , fresh paint, and top-- vbery clean boat for 32,000. And yes it was a 65 mph boat, not bad in the rougher stuff but this guy knows no boundries:)

BLee 04-14-2003 07:02 PM

What they said..................

Pachrat 04-14-2003 09:09 PM

I second what everyone says, and speak from experience as I currently own an '87 Pachanga 32. Top speed is definitely low sixties with 454 mags. Fit, finish, and amenities are great. I get some strange looks at the marina when the AC is shooting water out the thru hull! I've had several people ask me if the bilge pump is running.

I am trying to sell mine, as I now have a family and need to go over to the dark side (express cruiser). If your interested in a slightly older one in good mechanical condition, it's listed with the brokerage division of Colony Marine.

Whiteknuckle 04-15-2003 08:07 AM

The information I received here confirmed my thoughts on the boat. I was drawn to it because of its bristol condition. Actually I really prefer something more hard core, but I am willing to compromise somethings if the price is right. Obviously the price was not right.

Scuba Steve 04-15-2003 08:17 AM

Had one...'89 w/ 454's and Mirage 25's. Built great...at LOTO on glass, early morning, 1/4 tank fuel no water...72 on Sea Ray speedo. They sell for 29k all day long now.