Notices

Vinyl Cleaner

Old 04-14-2003, 12:19 PM
Registered

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

We're doing just fine!! (said just like the Texan in the Bud commercials). Yes, I've heard that Perry is way down. I'm sure Clinton is too. For the KC'ers, Smithville might be the place. More water, but more people too.
Our boat came out of its winter hibernation on Friday. Saturday was spent staining the deck and fence. But, Sunday was for the boat. I cleaned, ran it on the hose and worked on a couple items. It's ready for splashing. Let's see if we can hook up this weekend and wet the Baja's. Where are you storing the boat at?
I'd like to make it to the Spring Harbor Hop (5/3 & 4 at LOTO), but haven't made arrangements yet. (that's code for "haven't talked the wife into it yet")
Old 04-14-2003, 12:37 PM
283CHECK

Luv-N-it you only use a 1/4 to a 1/2 gallon of simple green per year??? Man I use proabably a 1/2 to 3/4 OF A CASE a year!! That stuff is the best thing since sliced bread!! We usually use it on everything the interior, the hull(kinda like a pre-wash)and around the house tires on the vechicles I think I own stock in it!!

Goooood stuff!!! I like the baby wipes idea!

KC we are talking about hitting the harbor hop also, sounds like we have two boats right now and it may go up to 4 from the perry group!!

Old 04-14-2003, 12:40 PM
Transplanted to KS
Gold Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We have the boat stored at The Harbor. It is a storage place over by Lake Perry. It is right there on Highway 237 before you get to the lake.
Maybe we can get those Baja's wet this weekend.
The LOTO Harbor Hop has been tossed around, we have not made a decision yet either!
Old 04-14-2003, 01:03 PM
Registered

I just cured a case of Mildew From Hell with BLEACH WHITE Vinyl Cleaner from West Marine. It's about $8.00 for a quart, which is about four times the price of X-14, which works just as well and can be had from WalMart. The common ingredient is Sodium Hypochlorite which is a very strong fungicide. Living here in the Sunny (but muggy) South, with 100% humidity 99% of the time, I've tried about all of the anti-mildew products.

Heads Up: If you use either of these products, do so in old clothes and preferably barefoot. You WILL get it on you and it WILL bleach your clothes. Rinse copiously after using and it will not harm your vinyl.

The key to vinyl preservation is sun blocking. The UV rays in the sun set off little chemical reactions in the vinyl that eventually sap it of it pliability and color. Good 'thermonuclear' protection (think ARMOR ALL) is your best protector.

Damn! I actually found a use for Organic Chemistry.

/fondly remembers college.

Doc
Old 04-14-2003, 01:05 PM
Mike J

Hi: We have had very good luck
with a product called
TUFF-STUFF It is in most auto
supply stores.
I have usedit on Race/pleasure
boats and on Movie/TV Boats.
The good part is it keeps the
Material from drying up like
a lot of other products.
www.cinemarentals.com
Mike J.

Old 04-14-2003, 05:19 PM
Hustler 26

Have you tried Spray-Nine. It works good for me. Also removes mildew.

Old 04-14-2003, 11:02 PM
Charter Member # 55
Charter Member

Received 1,783 Likes on 884 Posts

I use either "Clorox Clean Up" or Simple Green. The Clorox Cleanup will get rid of the mildew spots and it cuts greasy dirt also. Rinse it well when you're done and then wipe with 303 protectant.
The Simple Green is great stuff, just not as good at getting stains out of white vinyl. Also a lot better for the vinyl than anything with bleach.

Another coat of wax??????
Just keep a good coat on the red, black & gray gel down the middle of the deck. The dark colors make it dull out in a hurry in the sun.
Old 04-15-2003, 08:33 AM
Transplanted to KS
Gold Member

All good suggestions, THANKS so much. We went to the auto part store and picked up some orange stuff. It said it could be used on vinyl seats on boats. It worked real good. Took the mildew right off. It seemed to dull it though. So tonight we are going back out to the storage and going to use some conditioner on the seats, maybe the baby wipes with aloe.
I saw her last night and she is more beautiful that the last time I saw her! GAWD I LOVE THAT BOAT!!!!!!!!
Old 04-23-2003, 04:45 PM
Registered

I have never found a cleaner that works better than the Biokleen vinyl cleaner. Plus it says its a non-alcohol product and its guaranteed to not rot or dry your vinyl or stitching. You can get it at Biokleen's website its a dollar or so more expensive but the ****e just flat out works!
Thay also have a sealer protector called vinyl armor. Since I used it I have never had another mildew stain on my bolsters.

I'd watch that orange stuff. From what I hear it'll radically shorten the life span of your vinyl
Old 04-23-2003, 06:16 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I use blue majic leather and vinyl cleaner

Quick Reply: Vinyl Cleaner

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.