Notices

36Spectre update Shawn?

Old 04-14-2003, 07:34 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 36Spectre update Shawn?

Ok Shawn lets here it. I heard you had your boat out this weekend, so how did it run? Hows is it compared to your 30? Does your girl friend like it? Details man details! Some of us did not get to go out so we need to live vicariously through you.
Michael
Old 04-14-2003, 08:00 AM
Registered

Michael,
Yuppers, we did get the 36 out Sunday. Thanks for checking up on us. We went to Middle River for lunch. What a different ride from the 30. It was windy but pretty smooth on the Bay and we ran between 60 and 70 the whole way without trim with five people and a belly full of fuel at between 3000 and 3500 RPM.
It was like sitting in my living room. The canopies are so nice to sit behind. You lose some a sense of speed as they are quiet with no wind.
This boat takes the chop so much better than the 30 that its like moving from a vee to a cat all over again.
Judy absolutely loved the ride and her proudest moment was jumping off the boat at The Wild Duck and sticking the landing. The 36 is a little higher to jump off of then the 30, especially when you are all of five feet tall.
I want to learn the boat so I did not push it, I ran it up to 4000 for a little run to see how she felt and it was rock solid.
In case you can't tell, I have a GRIN on my face that will take weeks to wear away.
Have a good week and I am looking forward to seeing you this summer.

Shawn
Old 04-14-2003, 08:29 AM
Registered

Hey Shawn,
Heard you go by the house Sunday and caught a glimpse of the transome. I asked Brenda if she saw who it was but she said no.
We're having about 40 people over Sunday and we've been busting our butts getting the yard back into shape. We then caught up with Jim and Jean at the Sammon's house and Jim was filling me in on your boat. Stop by the house the next time you're on the creek and we'll rustle up some Cosmo's. Stay away from the crab claws at the Wild Duck...I'll tell you why when I see you!
JW
Old 04-14-2003, 09:05 AM

Shawn, great boat you'll love it. Just take your time getting used to it. You do have an advantage in that you already have had a cat. Wait till the first time that you get out in the ocean in four footers then you'll see what she can do. Otto
Old 04-14-2003, 03:16 PM
Registered

Shawn I am glad everything went well, it is very good Judy likes the new ride.You need her to ride with you to keep you straight. Anyway I was figuring if I start saving now I can trade my 30 for a 36........ never. Oh well at least I can watch you and Jim go by.
Later Michael