Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   No wake, No Wake and No Anchor (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/47782-no-wake-no-wake-no-anchor.html)

Von Bongo 04-18-2003 12:54 PM

At least the local rag is on our side:

Lake Sun Editorial

THE UGLY - There is a logical fallacy known as the strawman. One sets up a false premise, then builds an argument based on that falsehood.

Such is 'safety' in the no-waking and no-anchoring of Lake of the Ozarks' coves.

The current Water Patrol colonel has morphed that agency from a professional law-enforcement organization into a development tool for the politically connected.

The colonel has single-handedly dismantled a rational standard for buoy permits. He has quelled dissent by moving hearings away from the lake and greased the wheels for the sake of gathering up votes for his benighted boss, Missouri's worst governor in memory.

Private interests have been allowed to hold sway over public interests and the word 'safety' has been made meaningless.

The colonel has set in motion a process that, if not checked, will so significantly change the Lake of the Ozarks as to make it unrecognizable to those who have lived here and loved it.

He has shown not one shred of leadership, but has managed to take political hackism to a new and ugly level.

Griff 04-18-2003 01:48 PM

"Several hundred boats in Porta Cima Cove"

Give me a break and learn how to count!!!!!!:rolleyes:

WRedmann 04-22-2003 11:57 AM

found a contact, give it a try and voice your concerns

email addy from the water patrol home page

- [email protected]

Von Bongo 04-22-2003 01:02 PM

Oh and the "Chief" we beyond the panels recomendations and made Backwater Jacks cove no wake 7 days a week instead of the recomended holidays and weekends.

Makes me wonder why they had a panel make recomendations?

Partycove 04-22-2003 02:29 PM

WTF????

So they are going to have No Anchoring in Party Cove? When will this be in affect? How can they do that in the State Park?

mpally 04-22-2003 05:58 PM

Partycove,

where does it say that there is no anchoring in partycove? The only spot where you will not be able to anchor is the back of Porto Cima.

later 04-23-2003 09:23 PM

hey Von Bongo do you know who the state rep is for that area, perhaps we need to find out who it is and then start emailing him are feelings, so that he will pay a little closer attention to the laws and the people setting them. i have heard that for every 1 contact that a representative gets they count as 1000 voices
later

SHARKEY-IMAGES 04-25-2003 02:32 AM

We're going through the same stuff here on Barnegat Bay, in New Jersey. They already started dropping buoys all over the place. The interesting thing is there is a strip of land with 2 towns named Bay Head & Mantoloking. Mostly blow boaters with lots of cash live there. Well, with their wishes of all these no wake zones, they are now going to be bringing all the boat traffic right into their back yards.
We have an area just north of the Mantoloking Bridge where mostly all boats would travel west of an island named Herring Island. Mainly because majority of it was no wake. It was a longer distance to go around, but you could be on plane to get over to the Point Pleasant Canal. So now with them making it all no wake, and the shortest distance is a straight line (which runs along the people's houses). Which way would you take for now on??? I have mentioned many times to these people that they better becareful what they wish for.... I say by 4th of July, they will be wishing they had not done this... :hothead:

There is a meeting coming up May 7th. Check the link below for information and an arial map of the affected areas.
Good luck with your fight @ LOTO!