Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Visiting Florida--What should I do? (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/47866-visiting-florida-what-should-i-do.html)

Dave1972 04-16-2003 11:28 AM

Visiting Florida--What should I do?

Ok...here's your chance to give me some opinions of things I should do in Florida. I am coming down to visit with family from 4/18-4/26 and have nothing planned. I was thinking a visit to National Liquidators in Ft. Lauderdale and maybe a visit to Lightning Bay Marine in St. Petersburg. I'll probably spend a day or two at Fort Myers Beach just to hang out. I'm not into the touristy things as I've already done that plenty of times (Disney, Sea World, etc.)

Any boating events? Anyone need a "Gilligan" along for a ride? I make a great bumper b*tch.

Perhaps a couple factory tours? Any suggestions?

I love my family tremendously but need something else to do for the other 6 days I'll be there! :D ;) :D ;)

BODYSHOT1 04-16-2003 11:35 AM

..if you're planning on going from Lauderdale to St. Pete, then to Ft.Myers...you'll be driving for most of those 6 days!!

;) :D

Tim G. 04-16-2003 11:39 AM

SBI

SBI is in Miami on the 26 and 27th..
I'll be there with my boat, and may just have an extra seat...
SE florida is a boat fan's paradise. We've got a lot of GREAT boat builders here that will be happy to take you on a tour and...try to sell you a new boat.
Pantera
Sonic
Cigarette
Active Thunder
Magnum
and others...
Nat'l liquidators lot is right around the corner from me.. As are about 5000 other marinas with smokin' deals.

Fire me a PM if you want more info... or a boat ride.

CigDaze 04-16-2003 11:40 AM

Too bad, you'll be leaving on the start of the OPBA Poker Run from St. Pete to Sarasota.

Lightning Bay is cool to check out. They are right next door to my marina and I've seen some trick boats over there!

Tim G. 04-16-2003 11:40 AM

Yeah..

Where is the family get together?
Florida is much bigger than people think.
Ft. Myers is about 125 miles from the Ft. Lauderdale Miami area.

ScottB 04-16-2003 11:42 AM

Stay until the 27th and check out the SBI Race in Miami

Tim G. 04-16-2003 11:43 AM

Scott

Scott,
You goin'? Racin'?

jafo 04-16-2003 11:43 AM

I'll be down in there picking up my boat next week at the AT factory- you should definitely try to take in a tour there as well as the other mfg's. This is the breeding ground of custom offshore performance boats!
Hope to see you on the Mississippi this year!
Jim

Roger 1 04-16-2003 12:06 PM

SOUTH BEACH! :D :D :D

ScottB 04-16-2003 12:21 PM

Tim, I raced Kissimee and toasted the motor (2nd place)
but I got a ride driving Offshore Addiction F1-52 for the rest of the season. We'll be doing the APBA Circuit