Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   scammed on e-bay need advice!!! (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/47904-scammed-e-bay-need-advice.html)

CAP071 04-17-2003 05:56 AM

How long has it been since you sent the money?

Have a friend call her in a serious voice an act like an investigator or lawyer! :D I waited 4 months 1 time to get my money back

Offshore Addiction 04-17-2003 06:28 AM

battlecry is right,since they made the deal with you while you were in your homestate you can go to your local courthouse and file a fraud case on the said persons and also include a supena for the lady involed,and get the postmaster involved as well as to include that paperwork in your case......if its over 350. dollars it should become a felony,and commiting a felony across state lines is also another felony offense, and when you win the state attorney should pick up charges on the people involved....but thats just my oppinion!!!!!!!!!

Helmwurst 04-17-2003 08:56 AM

Ebay Fraud

Very common tatic by hackers to use Western Union. I will bet your money is in a foreign contry by now. Say bye-bye. Ebay is not going to do squat. Call the FBI, you can file a fraud claim. What these guys do is hack into a known good account.... Like mine. Then they use your account as a front to sell "stuff" at fair prices. Problem is, they do not have the stuff, and they act like you are their number one customer until they get the wire from W.U. After they pick up the wire, they are gone. They use differnet mailing addresses to keep away from the cops or the W.U. investigators. Oh yea, one more thing, they send out UPS or simular tracking numbers, but they never drop off the merchandise to ship.

I have said this before and I will say it again. If you do not have personal contact with the person you are buying or selling to, don't do the deal. At least if you talk to them on the phone you can trace their phone number for identification.

JUSTONCE 04-17-2003 09:14 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I'd put some of the boys together and take a little trip.!!

BRUCE SEROFF 04-17-2003 09:27 AM

Some one say Field Trip?????Can I come???

R Addiction 04-17-2003 09:45 AM

CAP071, What Post Office are you at? Have friends and family in a few.:D

CAP071 04-17-2003 09:59 AM

I work in the Philadelphia District where are you friends and family ?

ROAD TRIP! YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
LETS DO IT!

YOU CAN DOOOOOOOOO IT!

was thinking of naming my boat "WET EXPRESS":D

Ron P 04-17-2003 10:05 AM

Sonic 26, what is your progress.

Cord 04-17-2003 10:30 AM

I'd file a lawsuit against the lady that set up the auction. She was representing the product and should have verified the validity. I'd get this filed immediatly. If the postmaster is able to get things to work for you, then fine. If that doesn't pan out, then you still have another course of action in the works. Besides, being served tends to get peoples attention. Especially when it's out of state. As for Ebay, well, we all know that it's a haven for criminals and that Ebay really doesn't care.

searace 04-17-2003 10:35 AM

There is very little you can do. The police are overwelmed with complaints like these and dont have the resources to deal with all the cases. The FBI will not get involved. The only thing you can do is contact the uspo, and if the transaction is over 300$, and you conducted business through the us mail, they can investigate. EBAY is quick to warn against long distance transactions involving large sums of $