Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Detroit Red Wings Beat Ducks 6-1, Sweep Series (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/47984-detroit-red-wings-beat-ducks-6-1-sweep-series.html)

dockrocker 04-17-2003 12:28 PM

Detroit Red Wings Beat Ducks 6-1, Sweep Series

ANAHEIM - The Detroit Red Wings beat the Anaheim Mighty Ducks 6-1 in Game 4 of their first round series, sweeping the series 4 games to none, according to official Red Wings reports.

"Obviously, this shows the unstoppable power of the our offense," said new Red Wings Information Minister Ivan Tooliealot. "All other opponents will suffer the same fate!"

According to Tooliealot, 14 Red Wings registered points in Game 4, led by Sergei Federov with 8 goals and 4 assists, Brett Hull with 4 goals, and Steve Yzerman with 2 goals but 58 assists. Curtis Joseph stopped 492 shots, according to official Red Wing statisticians. When reporters pointed out that the Red Wings had in fact lost the series, Tooliealot dismissed the protests.

"It is all lies and propganda from the fascist Anaheim management! Even now, our glorious offense continues to put the puck past the basketball-lover goalie, Guigere! I have received word that Patrick Roy has resigned rather than face the might of our righteous forces! The NHL is even now negotiating with our illustrious president, Mr. Illitch, to award the Stanley Cup to Detroit forever."

Asked about reports that Anaheim had outplayed the Red Wings, Tooliealot responded "As Mr. Illitch has stated, their octopi are burning in hell."

CigDaze 04-17-2003 12:34 PM

Now, that's funny! :D

Flashwave 04-17-2003 03:33 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Say WHAT?

Flashwave 04-17-2003 03:34 PM

ANAHEIM, Calif. (AP) -- Jean-Sebastien Giguere could hardly believe it.

Giguere again was outstanding in goal, and Steve Rucchin scored 6:53 into overtime Wednesday night as the Anaheim Mighty Ducks beat the Detroit Red Wings 3-2 to sweep the defending Stanley Cup champions out of the playoffs.

"If you would have asked me at the beginning of the series about a sweep, I would have said, `No,''' said Giguere, who stopped 32 shots in the Game 4 victory.

In his first NHL playoffs, Giguere faced 171 shots and had 165 saves in the Western Conference series, a 1.24 goals-against average against the high-scoring Red Wings.

The Ducks might have to wait as long as a week before beginning the second round against Dallas, St. Louis or Vancouver.

Anaheim's sweep of the Red Wings was payback: The Ducks' only two previous appearances, Detroit beat them in four games, in the second round in 1997 and the first round in 1999.

:) :) :) :)

PatriYacht 04-17-2003 04:00 PM

Wish it was true Dockrocker. A lot of bars depend on the Red Wings going far in the playoffs.

bearpaw 04-17-2003 06:07 PM

Nice effort by the wings glad I stayed up for that beating.

Hockeytown???????????????

CAP071 04-17-2003 08:06 PM

THey are just getting ready to play the FLYERS!

Allan4 04-17-2003 09:38 PM

Complete shocker.....

As a moderate Wings fan, I am blown away. Swept in the 1st round......ouch, afterwinning the Cup in such awesome fashion last year.....double ouch.

Next year.....:D :D

Lucididee 04-17-2003 10:37 PM

NOW.............if only the Devils would get swept...........

Vyper340 04-18-2003 09:18 AM

Frickin' sucks!!!! Can't believe the Wings went down to the Disney Ducks!