Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
OT: My NEW Tahoe is in the SHOP again ! >

OT: My NEW Tahoe is in the SHOP again !

Notices

OT: My NEW Tahoe is in the SHOP again !

Old 04-17-2003, 10:14 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default OT: My NEW Tahoe is in the SHOP again !

Same problem as last time. Go to turn OFF the car and it's still running. My wife takes it in and it turns off at the dealership. ****. the service writer says there is nothing i can do since it is working now. so she waits for me to get there . I go to ask the for the service manager and a customer relations person shows up. Mine you this truck is not even a month old. 1500 miles on it. I told her the story and she said she'll be right back. She said lets go for a ride . The problem didn't repeat itself. Back at the dealership, she said you'll have to leave it for a day or so. Fine give me a rental! I get a impala for two days after some serious *****in. I had to call the service writer and he said he thinks he found the problem, It seems that a few others had the same symptoms ( after talking to a GM engineer , he replys) and the relay was bad. Well i got him to admit that the last guy mis diagnoiced the problem when he put in a new ign switch. What Do I do if this happens again? IS the third time a LEMON ?
How do I cover my A_ _ ? Best of all I just got the dealer survey and not sure if they're going to PASS or Fail. One mark not an A and they flunk. $680 a month and its been in the shop 3 times.
Sorry so long but im still pissed.

Rick
Old 04-17-2003, 10:58 AM
Registered

Rick,
That sucks about the whole experience. I have a 2002 GMC HD that I've had for about a year without any problems. I hate to hear about stories like this I know how expensive the damn things are now that's for sure. Sounds like they are at least trying to make it right? I've had 3 new trucks in the past 5 years and have not had any problems with any of them. Sorry to hear of your misfortune. I believe you are correct about the lemon law that you have to have the same problem 3 times in one month before it's officially a "lemon". I'm not sure on the procedure and not sure if it varies between states or not?

Good luck and sorry to hear of the awful experience.

Dave
Old 04-17-2003, 11:17 AM
Registered

I think it has to be in the shop for 30 day's straight for the same problem before you can put the lemon law on it.
Old 04-17-2003, 11:27 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 344 Likes on 115 Posts

I'm a firm believer that there are "good ones" and "bad ones" when it comes to cars. I think that with this truck, your off to a bad start. On the other hand, I've got a 95 Tahoe with 182,000 miles on it. I've changed the oil every 3500 miles and never had to add oil in between changes. That 5.7 roller motor just keeps on ticking. 50 lbs. of oil pressure at idle and 30lbs. at idle in gear.

I'd give it a chance, but if anything else happens, I'd be going to the owner of the dealership and telling him that you want another truck.

Craig
Old 04-17-2003, 11:37 AM
Registered

Thanks for the replys
Hopefully it will all work out

Rick
Old 04-17-2003, 02:45 PM
Registered

ttt
Old 04-17-2003, 02:45 PM
Registered

anybody else?
Old 04-17-2003, 03:01 PM
Performance Boat Center
VIP Member

Received 20 Likes on 6 Posts
Thumbs down Don't get me started

Man I have a long story, but no time to type now...
Trans troubles with NEW '00 GMC K3500 Crew Dually. Fixed now, but ruined a vacation and has me over $500 out of pocket.
954-809-8739
Wright Performance, MTI, Cigarette, Sunsation
Old 04-17-2003, 03:14 PM
Gold Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I have an '02 Chevy 2500HD...8.1L, Allison trans. NO problems with it at ALL... Truck is AWSOME!
Old 04-17-2003, 03:20 PM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Received 1,195 Likes on 519 Posts

2002 Chevy Avalanche 2500. M32 Transmission had problems and had to go in three or four times before they got it right. Other than that, flawless. Turned out to be a bad one way valve in the tranny pump.

Quick Reply: OT: My NEW Tahoe is in the SHOP again !

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.