Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   At long last..... Skaterfest III (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/48071-long-last-skaterfest-iii.html)

Shane 04-21-2003 07:02 AM

GREAT! I am really looking forward to it. As always Rich, let me know how I may be of help.

Shane

T2x 04-21-2003 02:10 PM

Shane:

Your job, should you choose to accept, is to bring Nicky Cutro and Dick O'Dea.

Shifter we'd be glad to have you and any hardware you choose to bring........ have you thought about dry sumping a Bravo?

T2x

Shane 04-21-2003 03:26 PM

Rich,

I ACCEPT. However, as is stated on all investment stuff Past Performance Is No Guarantee of Future Results etc etc etc... ;) I will call them immediately.

Shane:)

shifter 04-21-2003 05:22 PM

I have a customer building a boat in NJ. I need to see if they will let me hide one of our latest "funny outdrives"at Dougs shop for a week. Thanks Ron. :D
pat W
T2x We call that polishing a turd. I will show you what we are up to if I get there. :D

Shane 04-22-2003 04:49 AM

Originally posted by T2x
Shane:

Your job, should you choose to accept, is to bring Nicky Cutro and Dick O'Dea.

Shifter we'd be glad to have you and any hardware you choose to bring........ have you thought about dry sumping a Bravo?

T2x

Rich,

I left a message for Dick. Hopefully I will talk to him today. Spoke to Nicky last night for about 45 minutes or so. He would very much like to attend but he has to wait and see and cannot commit as of yet. We still have a little ice on the lake and all the marinas are way behind in spring commissioning. If he can be somewhat caught up he will come. He also said to say hello. I will keep you posted.

Shane

T2x 04-22-2003 12:16 PM

Originally posted by shifter
I have a customer building a boat in NJ. I need to see if they will let me hide one of our latest "funny outdrives"at Dougs shop for a week. Thanks Ron. :D
pat W
T2x We call that polishing a turd. I will show you what we are up to if I get there. :D

Okay.....Than how about dry sumping the lower units on my 2.5's?

Seriously, we would love to have you.....you and I can debate hydrodynamics and you can teach me about reducing gear surface inteface drag...... If I'm not too much of a "Good Ol' Boy".;)

T2x

shifter 04-23-2003 11:53 AM

T2x,
Just leave the oil out.
Seriously don't.

You guy's might be a little old school for me with all those antiquated notions of calculating and testing. It sounds like fun.

Do you know if a Platinum will be there?
Has anyone asked Trost to go?
pat W

AugiePensa 04-23-2003 12:06 PM

Rich,We'll all be there and thanks for giving The Jersey Boyz a plug. Augie

packinair 04-23-2003 02:51 PM

Originally posted by shifter
T2x,
Just leave the oil out.

I tried that on one of my 2.5's and it will run like a byouch for about 1 1/2 mile then your motor shuts off:(

shifter 04-23-2003 08:19 PM

packinair,
When we first did the dry-sump people wanted to know if our initial data was fake. They drained the oil out of two #6's and tried to run it. They had heard that in Nascar they drain the trans and diff in qualifying. 24 seconds later two melted both upper gearsets.
I found them years later in a corner.
:D
pat W