Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Its official, this whole working thing isnt for me. >

Its official, this whole working thing isnt for me.

Notices

Its official, this whole working thing isnt for me.

Old 04-20-2003, 10:17 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i worked at a ford dealership when i was 17. I beat the snot out of all the mustangs when i would have to fuel them up.
Old 04-20-2003, 10:39 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Turns out...I was wrong about the car wash....Mom went in there yesterday and the manager asked how I was and said to come in when I get my license.
Old 04-21-2003, 06:29 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Don't do it!!
That guy sounds flakey to me.
You really need a good, steady, reliable job. A carwash is too irregular. Too many reasons for them to not need you for a day.
Take stock of your skills, interests and work towards that.
That's how I got started.
I've always been interested in all things mechanical. Started out pumping gas and going to school. Took 4 years of auto shop class and learned all I could. After graduation the boss offered me a full-time day position as attendant/mechanic and was supervisor of the night/weekend crew. Spent four great years working there.
Then I accepted an offer to be a machinist apprentice, finished the course as a journeyman. Was later offered a chance to learn welding, became a certified pipe welder and taught myself to do Gas, TIG and MIG. After that I became interested in electronics, took a computer technician course, finished in the top five of the class. Wasn't easy because I was at least 15 years older than the other students.
Since then I've taken all my training and experience and put them to work in one job as a Quality Assurance Inspector. Becoming an inspector wasn't my goal, it just worked out that way. Right now I'm not in that position but in one closely related.

What I'm trying to say is never be afraid to learn something new, learn all you can and use that to move into the next position. If a company is willing to train you, go for it.