Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I use these!

Old 04-21-2003, 12:43 PM
GLH
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 19 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally posted by SummerObsession
I know there ae tons of places, but what is the best place to buy fenders and covers?
I am also thinking about a fender rack in the engine compartment, but I cant hardly stand the thought of it.
Maybe I should make or buy a cool aluminum box for them or something. Any ideas?
Hey SO why do you need fenders? Not like you have a black boat or something!!!

Dhoooooo.
Old 04-21-2003, 12:49 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

SoPac flat fenders are the deal......You can also use them to kneel on wheh working on the outdrive and float on them when swimming!!
Old 04-21-2003, 01:08 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Why not just buy a boat that is a fender? I have a 20ft Zodiac and I never need bumpers. Another good way is to dangle your legs over the side and fend off with your legs and arms Better to break your legs than scratch your boat The people who don't pay for gas of food can pay you back by doing this job. Just remember to never leave your boat unattended or something or someone will turn the best fender into the worst.
Old 04-21-2003, 03:01 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

GLH: You crack me up!

I know, just another anal Cig owner

You know, you would think that if you buy a big dollar (for me, anyway) Cig, even used, you might get a few fenders....not.

Although, just loike women and clothes, I have to admit it is fun to accessorize a new boat!

Old 04-21-2003, 03:07 PM
GLH
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

SO no kidding...just got out of West Marine a few weeks back with "them new self pumping bumpers ouppsss "fenders" with teal wrappers and new lines" left four and a half bills there for all the sh..stuff I didn't want the ragetty stuff I used on the other rigs on the new to me Cigarette!
Old 04-21-2003, 03:10 PM
MIdnightRider

Fenders Covers are a bad idea. I had to have them a few years back. Well, I would have been just as well off using those round stick on DA sanding pads on my fenders. They collect dirt, sand and debri off docks and sea walls then become big sanding blocks. What a mistake, just my .02. Midnight

Old 04-21-2003, 03:20 PM
GLH
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Thanx MR we put the covers on for rafting so we don't go nuts at night with the rubbing trying to fall asleep (Mind you now that I think of it once we're rafted and achored it would be more passing out than falling asleep). We can always get more if they get loaded up with abrasives, I will keep a lookout though, again thanx.

Quick Reply: Raffting off(need advice)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.