If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter
    Registered tanned fat looks better's Avatar
    My Boats:
    Baja 270
    the western shore of THE BAY OF KANSAS CITY

Arizona/Havasu boaters

My Fire department is sending me to Phoenix in June to attend a fitness symposium. I'm thinking I might stay a couple of extra days and mix business with pleasure. I've heard so much about this "ditch in the dessert" and how it supposedly can compare with LOTO. I'd like to be the judge of that.

The meetings will be over around noon on Saturday the 28th and and I'll prolly stay till monday or tuesday. How far is Havasu from Phoenix? I'll be staying at the Biltmore. Anyone wanna hook a brotha up on that Sunday? I suppose I could rent a car and drive up there and stay at the lake that Saturday or something?

Just puttin out some feelers, I have to make arangements in a couple of days.

Registered tanned fat looks better's Avatar
    My Boats:
    Baja 270
    the western shore of THE BAY OF KANSAS CITY

Gold Member Gold Member BajaFresh's Avatar
    My Boats:
    32' Envision
    Wildomar, CA
    There are a couple different ways to go. You can go straight west on the 10 freeway and then 95 north or you can cut across to Kingman on 93 and then south to Havasu. Either way, youíre looking at about 4 hours but 93 is a much more interesting drive. I just did it a couple weeks ago (Phoenix to Vegas).

It may be busy that weekend as it is weekend before July 4th. A lot of people may be rolling in for the week. I may do that as well but am not certain of my 4th of July plans yet. I will see how Memorial Day goes but it may be too much of a zoo. Most of the locals stay off the lake on the big weekends. I have several friends that live there so if I donít go I may be able to hook you up with them.

Are you flying back out of Phoenix? You may want to look at a puddle jumper back to Phoenix or maybe Vegas.