Word of Warning about Extreme Marine located in Bethel, NC >

Word of Warning about Extreme Marine located in Bethel, NC

Notices

Word of Warning about Extreme Marine located in Bethel, NC

Old 04-20-2003, 12:22 PM
Registered

Received 194 Likes on 101 Posts
Default Word of Warning about Extreme Marine located in Wilmington, NC

If anyone is checking classified ads and sees anything for sale by these guys, or lives in their area and has the opp. to due business with them, dont! You will get ripped off just like I did. These guys advertise on OSO in the classifieds. There appears to be a number of names that they go under, Extreme Marine, Prince-tech, Big Gun Racing Engines, who knows what else. There names are Chris and Mark Prince

Be careful, I wanted to purchase a pair of small block engines that Big Gun had advertised. We exchanged e-mails and struck a deal. I sent them a deposit of $2500 dollars. Spoke to them several times after that. The day before they were to deliver my engines to NJ, the motors were conveniently stolen from their shop. This was in Nov. I have been promised many times since then that my deposit would be returned when they could save up the money to send it to me. Save it up it? Its my deposit money. What happened to it? Anyway, lie after lie has been told by these A-holes and I do not have my money back. Please stay away from these guys, they will rip you off.

If anybody lives in Wilmington, NC area, maybe you could pay these guys a visit for me.

Mark

Last edited by scarabman; 04-21-2003 at 08:48 AM.
Old 04-20-2003, 02:09 PM
searace

They tried to sell us a 24' cigartette, trailer and an ssm 3 drive for 5500.00. it sounded too good to be true. they wanted a big deposite up front to hold it. After investigating we found out the boat was a 24' p and d, and the ssm 3 was a 2. Sorry to hear they stung you Mark.

Old 04-20-2003, 02:28 PM
bobby daniels

Bethel is a small town not far from here ,,never heard of these guys ,I;m glad ! I'll be happy to take out papers if you like and with a power of attorney go to court ,p.m. me

Old 04-20-2003, 02:33 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

sorry to hear about that, hope you get your money back, let me know if you need the OSO bat!!!!!!!
Old 04-20-2003, 05:45 PM
Registered

Received 194 Likes on 101 Posts

Hey guys, thanks for the offers. I wish I could use a bat on these guys! Bobby, I may take you up on that offer if you are serious. I have done everything I can think of to try and get these A-holes to give me back my money. I am going to give them yet another phone call and let them know that I am going public with this and see if it doesnt motivate them a little bit more. It has been the same story every week, the check is going out next Fri.. Next Fri. always becomes this Fri.. You know, tomorrow never comes.
Old 04-20-2003, 06:44 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Always try to use a credit card. I put a deposit down on a 100% new baja a few years back in Va. Well when i drove there to sign papers and pick it up, it was a bucket of problems with bad rigging so I said No way I don't want it anymore after it didn't even make it out on water 4 a test drive. The dealship refused to refund my deposit and told me I had no choice but to buy it. I called my credit card comapny and told them. They said screw him and they fought for the money back n got it. I have seen a few deals go sour in the boating world I realized 1 thing, I will never ever pay cash up front for anything.
Old 04-20-2003, 06:53 PM
Charter Member #232
Charter Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Man that is a bummer. I hope you have some luck getting it back. It is always a risk to do bus on the net but you always hope that people have your best interest in mind. I hope that OSO reads this and pulls them as a advertiser.

Jon
Old 04-20-2003, 07:13 PM
bobby daniels

Just p.m. me I'll help

Old 04-20-2003, 07:19 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Address

Scarabman, Do you have an address. There are several towns called bethel in N.C. and there is a bethel area. Do you have the specifics?
Old 04-20-2003, 07:33 PM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Received 1,195 Likes on 519 Posts

Not to be confused with Extreme Marine in Havre de Grace, MD.

Quick Reply: Word of Warning about Extreme Marine located in Bethel, NC

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.