Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   What To Do About Catmando? (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/48212-what-do-about-catmando.html)

Shorgasm 04-21-2003 11:47 AM

Yup...Packinass has a point...we don't know the whole story.

I'm sure there is more to it than him being a assbag to some people..okay a lot of people!

Diversity is the key to life's amusement.Gotta remember that!

Let the board God's sort it out.Boy that sounds kinda fitting huh?;)

TEAMBAJA 04-21-2003 12:22 PM

Damn! Just bring back the Cat. His posts cant be any more threatening than some of the nasty fat chicks posted in the uncensored section.

Besides, he was a "Cool Cat" in Chat. If you cant handle reading his posts, there are some great sailboat sites around. :)

GLH 04-21-2003 12:36 PM

This is like "Augusta National" here the Gods should decide what they want with him, they are the ones suffering the biggest consequence when someone breaks the posting rules.

If they let him post then more power to him, we all know what he spews but we don't have to read it (that first amendment thing) as long as he posts where it belongs and not pollute the other areas.

All in all he's a little man who thrives or gets off on putting turds in a punchbowl, and a lot of us fall for it and play right into his hand. If no one would reply to his dubious treads and posts I wonder how long they would last?

But if authorized let him post whatever he wants, that's his right, mine is to ignore the old bitter pu$$y.

Steve_H 04-21-2003 12:56 PM

Diversity is the key to life's amusement.Gotta remember that!

what Shorgasm said.

wouldnt it be boring around here if everyone agreed all the time.

bring him back.

CAP071 04-21-2003 01:23 PM

Make him send a case of beer to the first 20 people who vote bring him back!:D

The world needs a few good idiots! Heck I work with enough of them .:crazy:

Waterfoul 04-21-2003 05:17 PM

Those of you who like to speak bad about the man have never had a good chat with him. Come into the chatroom and people are different than on the board. It's not censored, so you can say what you want without fear of reprisal, bashing, spam email, etc... Catmando was a real PERSON in the chatroom, full of what I felt was good things to say about nearly everyone of you.

I agree, his banter on the board concerning politics and religion often got past what I feel this board is about. But that would not happen if all of US just ignored those posts. It's said often around here, if you don't like it, don't open it. Don't read it. Simple as that.

I say let him back in, if HE WILL HAVE US.

As for the advertiser thing, I know the whole truth behind the incident, and I can't say it is anything good or bad, it just happened. Seems one advertiser got peeved off (I do not know which advertisor it was, nor do I want to, nor have I asked) because Catman was trying to help out several OSO'ers with a group buy, something many of us have done. Plain and simple.

I'll leave it at that.

Jassman 04-21-2003 05:22 PM

I didn't care for some of his political or religous remarks, but, in my book, every one is entitled to an opinion. The way I look at it is this a boating forum and I know many other topics arise on here, some are good and some are not, and he is not the first one to talk about something other than boating, so the presedent was allready set. The desicion should be made by the board Gods, but, I always like to give everyone a second chance, especially after an apology, just my .02.

Steve 1 04-21-2003 05:46 PM

I say good riddance Cannot even recall one worth while post he made.. BTW freedom of speech applies to us all not just the God-Less Anti American snake group

tachyon 04-21-2003 05:46 PM

Why not suspension followed by probation? Was the offense so egregious that it warrants expulsion??

This board means alot to most of us...I'll bet even more to Catman...give him another chance...why be binary when you can be human...

kitten 04-21-2003 06:48 PM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Steve 1
[B]I say good riddance Cannot even recall one worth while post he made..

Well I can...............and he never made any personal attacks.
I really don't think he would want to come back. It was comedy
how some people got churned up . He's got his views, different
strokes for different folks!

MEMBER: #1479

[QUOTE] Originally Posted by Catmando
"Thank you, Timucin. But let me also say that I support our troops, and I believe this war will rid the earth of a monster who should have been removed a long time ago. The Iraqi people have suffered long enough, and the Middle East will be the better for removing him. We will get al Qaeda too."

:D