GLH
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 19 Likes on 13 Posts

What is a sleep clinic?
Old 04-23-2003, 07:13 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have sleep apnea. Whatthat means is during the night I stop breatheing and wake up and therefore do not get a restful nights sleep causing me to be tired throughout the day. They hook you up to like 20 or 30 wires and stuff to monitor all aspects of your sleep. I have two friends that did it and after the study was complete there were given these machines to sleep with and they feel 1000% better. Just takes some time.
Old 04-23-2003, 03:51 PM
wilerty

The reason I asked is that I have sleep apnea and went through the same tests last summer. My oxygen saturation level was at 60% at night. I've been using a CPAP machine since last summer. Good luck with it ... you should see a dramatic improvement.

Bill

Old 04-23-2003, 07:19 PM
Registered

Wilerty,

Which machine do you have? Is that the halo like one? I am not familiar yet but would like to learn more. Was it hard getting used to? What was the process like?

Thanks for the input. I am glad it worked well for you. I have heard nothing but good things.
Old 04-23-2003, 08:31 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I use to have trouble sleeping butI bought a beer Meister! Fresh tap beer 24/7
Old 04-23-2003, 09:17 PM
Registered

Originally posted by Shane
...they were given these machines to sleep with

Jeez. No wonder insurance rates are through the roof ...
Old 04-24-2003, 07:01 AM
Registered

Shane and Wilerty,

Count me in too. Went for my initial test and I stopped breathing something like 180 times Feel like crap most of the time and my wife is getting PO'd because my problem is effecting her sleep too.

Anyway, I'm going back for the second test, with the machine hooked up, to see the effect.

Wilerty, how long before you started to see some results?

Peconic, the machines are inexpensive. Also, sleep apnea is serious and, if untreated, can cause major problems which would be more expensive to treat than a couple of hundred doller machine.

Last edited by bajadude; 04-24-2003 at 07:04 AM.
Old 04-24-2003, 07:15 AM
Registered

Originally posted by Peconic
Jeez. No wonder insurance rates are through the roof ...
Additionaly, sleep apnea can be fatal.
Old 04-24-2003, 04:01 PM
wilerty

Shane: I'll check what the brand is when I get home tonight. It is not like a halo. It took a little getting used to but after that it isn't bad. You'll need a humidifier attachment for the dry winter season.

Basically you'll be getting more oxygen to your whole body and you'll get some needed deep sleep. That will help your allertness, memory, blood pressure, circulation, etc, etc. Sleep apnea is very bad and affects all parts of your body.

The "good" news for me is that I had a very minor heart attack 9 weeks ago and had 3 stints put in my heart fixing a 95% blockage. I feel about 15 years younger , have lost 28lbs so far, and will probably not need the machine after I lose about another 15 to 20 lbs.

Old 04-25-2003, 06:47 PM
wilerty

Shane: My CPAP machine is a REMstar plus. I've had no problems with it.

Quick Reply: I am home sick!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.