Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   bestest and the cheapest lab finishing ?? (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/48305-bestest-cheapest-lab-finishing.html)

INDY27 04-23-2003 05:25 AM

Chris,
I use Matt Croce @ WWW.THROTTLE-UP.COM (727-531-2255). Call them and speak to Julie, they know how to treat customers and will get the job done RIGHT!

lucy 04-23-2003 08:16 AM

1 Attachment(s)
where you send them is up to you! shipping container advertised here worked great.morring lines . com or throttle up stock them.

Von Bongo 04-23-2003 01:19 PM

Originally posted by Griff
Haven't gotten the prop back from Darin yet. Should be here the end of this week or the beginnig of next AT THE LATEST!!!!!!

Actually, just got the boat out of storage yesterday. Been doing a lot of stuff around the house and haven't had time to play or work on it anyway. Got the batteries charged and cables cleaned yesterday. Fired it up on the hose for a little while today and then it was time to work on it.
Started putting on the new CMI's:D Just took a little longer than I suspected with finding a good place to remount the shifter linkage and relocate all the cables so it looked and fit right. As I suspected from a large amount of steam in my exhaust last year, the Gil manifolds had some internal cracks. Nothing extreme, but enough to give the exhaust valves a nice rusty color. Gonna need a few parts to finish the plumbing on them, but should only take a few more hours. Hoping to splash it next week sometime.

Sweet, new exhaust, new prop work, your getting serious for this year! Can wait to meet up with you and Bobbi over memorial day! Let me know how the new stuff works when you spash it!

baja 272 04-23-2003 10:12 PM

I've also used John Janaky at DAH propellers in WI and he does excellent work. He has done work on my props for outboard and my Baja, and is very reasonable.

Zero Cavity 04-24-2003 07:49 AM

I use www.throttle-up.com
Matt and Julie do the props with the help of computers so the job is precise. They did my props last year when I won all three races I did(Texas, Bahamas and Key West)

Gordo 04-24-2003 09:51 AM

Can't beat a return like that!

I'd say Doc's experience with Throttle-Up Propellers is possibly the best referral a prop shop can get.

As a side, not long ago there was a member that was posting his experience from start to finish, with before & after numbers, while having lab work done by Houston propellers.
How did that go? did I miss the final outcome?

marinepro21 04-24-2003 10:25 AM

If your in the Nashville TN area, Performance Propellers in Old Hickory TN does a good job at a resonable price!

OldSchool 04-24-2003 10:31 AM

Re: Can't beat a return like that!

Originally posted by Gordo
I'd say Doc's experience with Throttle-Up Propellers is possibly the best referral a prop shop can get.

As a side, not long ago there was a member that was posting his experience from start to finish, with before & after numbers, while having lab work done by Houston propellers.
How did that go? did I miss the final outcome?

Hey Gordo,
That was me. I have received the prop back from Darin with the satin finish on it. I'm going to try to run the boat this afternoon or this weekend and will post the numbers after. I can't wait!!!

Craig