Notices

Vinyl Cleaner

Old 04-14-2003, 09:06 AM
Transplanted to KS
Gold Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Vinyl Cleaner

What is the best vinyl cleaner? We are headed out to finish up cleaning the Baja this evening and all we have left is cleaning the vinyl and cleaning the carpet.
What vinyl cleaner would you all suggest?
Or do you have your own recipe?
Old 04-14-2003, 09:34 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The best product I have found (and I've tried most of them) is Spray power made by Crown. www.spraypower.com You can usually find it in the household cleaner dept at Wal-mart for about $1.80 for 32 oz spray bottle. After I use it, I wipe eveything down again with clean water.
Old 04-14-2003, 09:47 AM
Registered

Default Don't laugh...

I use baby wipes, especially the ones with aloe for extra softening and conditioning/moisturize for the vinyl. Have not seen the ill effects from using them.
Old 04-14-2003, 09:48 AM
Transplanted to KS
Gold Member

Really? Does it work on mildew? There are some mildew spots on some of the vinyl.
Old 04-14-2003, 10:08 AM
Registered

I thought you were referring to just a typical "wipe down" cleaning. I use baby wipes all the time while on the water on my vinyl. Try one and see if it works. I use simple green for everything else-like vinyl for more "thorough cleanings", then follow up with a few baby wipes. Try simple green-not abrasive. Use soft scrub if Simple Green will not work. However, soft scrub is abrsive (keep it away from any stitching!), follow up with a damp wash cloth, then baby wipes.

I buy a gallon jug of simple green and mix the solution myself in my spray bottle. Typically go through a 1/4 to 1/2 gallon a year. Always have it on hand and less expensive too. I use it to wipe down the boat at the end of the day or when I come off the water for the weekend. I buy baby wipes by the box. Easy to store, stay moist, easy on with out another wipe for drying.

Great stuff. By the way, check out Baja's website for cleaning/care tips and advice.

Last edited by Luv-N-It; 04-14-2003 at 10:11 AM.
Old 04-14-2003, 10:29 AM
Charter Member #30
Charter Member

Received 14 Likes on 5 Posts

Fantastic works great and its easy to find! Do not use 409 this is direct info from the vinyl manufacture.
Old 04-14-2003, 10:38 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I use simple green than the baby wipes.

Has anyone ever used the black streak remover on the vinyl ?
Old 04-14-2003, 10:47 AM
Registered

Originally posted by CAP071
I use simple green than the baby wipes.

Has anyone ever used the black streak remover on the vinyl ?
Yes. Works ok. Not as advertised, at least the brand I used. Use to have a pop-up camper that had those nasty stains. Just lighten the stains, never totally removed them.
Old 04-14-2003, 11:53 AM
Registered

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

On the mildew spots, use a 1:4 mixture of clorox and water. Then follow up with liberal amounts of water to rinse. Be sure to wet the areas around/under the area with water so not to bleach them out. Complete by using a vinyl conditioner to keep it soft. Sometimes I'll use a small soft-bristled brush to get into the texture of the vinyl (steal Ron's toothbrush), then wipe the area down and rinse.
Old 04-14-2003, 11:57 AM
Transplanted to KS
Gold Member

Originally posted by KC Baja
On the mildew spots, use a 1:4 mixture of clorox and water. Then follow up with liberal amounts of water to rinse. Be sure to wet the areas around/under the area with water so not to bleach them out. Complete by using a vinyl conditioner to keep it soft. Sometimes I'll use a small soft-bristled brush to get into the texture of the vinyl (steal Ron's toothbrush), then wipe the area down and rinse.
Thanks! Hey, how are you and the little woman? Are you going to make it over to Perry this summer? Sounds like Party Cpve is being moved to the dam. The cove is too low unless we can get some MAJOR rain SOON!
We need to get together soon. We are headed to the boat storage this evening and maybe tomorrow for some final cleaning. She needs one more good coat of wax too.

Quick Reply: Vinyl Cleaner

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.