If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    bobby daniels
    I ha dthe problem as well and we have or own e-mail which is free to o s o'ers and we let people have super size boxes and we have declude spam soft ware and anti virus software at the server level ,but what ever happened whent through this so my computer guru said it was not a known virus if it was a virus ,but he agreed with you guys and it attacked IE6 ,who knows thanks for the heads up
    Pm me if you need a box ,have a great day

Official OSO boat whore Charter Member
    My Boats:
    8' row boat
    Mequon, WI
    I say that we ban the man thats packin'!

My Boats:
    99 checkmate 270 convincor
    Pasadena Md
    is this kinda like catchin sumthin from a toilet seat at a truck stop???

My Boats:
    2003 290 Kryptonite
    Quogue, NY
    Folks: Accusing someone of spreading a virus is the on-line equivalent of saying he has the claps. I would be EXTREMELY careful doing either.

I have seen the same phenomenon as reported above. After viewing the thread, some pictures refused to show in the browser, then all pictures (banners, avatars, everything) except Packinair's refused to show.

What's more, when visiting other sites, no pictures showed either.

I mucked around with some settings, checked my firewall, and everything was fine.

I have no idea what caused it.

I doubt it was a virus. My virus definitions are continuously updated. While there's always a possibility for a new, unknown virus, it would be known and documentedthe morning after ...

I doubt it is a system update problem. My system is continuously updated via Microsoft's on-line Windows Update, and IE6 has the very latest patches.

Also, the phenomenon is somewhat documented at;en-us;283807

FYI, it IS possible to catch a virus by browsing. You are pretty safe it you disable all Java, ActiveX, mobile code, MIME etc content. But if you do so, most sites won't work ....

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123