Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Anyone know the Fort Myers area? >

Anyone know the Fort Myers area?

Notices

Anyone know the Fort Myers area?

Old 04-02-2003, 06:41 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone know the Fort Myers area?

I'm tired of the cold north and have convinced my wife to go look at real estate in Florida. I traveled a lot of the East coast of Florida and like it but drove through the South West coast of Florida "a long time ago" and loved it.

Well, we are flying down to Fort Myers on the 19th and will be there until the 23rd. What I would like is input from people in the area about the different towns. My wife is a guidance counselor for a middle scholl and is a little picky about school systems. We are looking for a place we can raise a family... and I can boat!

I would appreciate help on narrowing down our search. So far the only town we really want to see is Bonita Springs. Any places we should rule out? Places of interest? People in the real estate business? I'd love to meet someone who has been there a while and can give us advice.

Thanks in advance.
Old 04-02-2003, 07:57 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I moved here (Cape Coral/Ft Myers) 4 years ago from St. Louis. Call me anytime.
Terry Sobo
239-567-5030 x 14
Old 04-02-2003, 08:33 AM
Registered

I have been all over Florida, Jupiter is by far the nicest area to live and raise a family. East coast is more bearable in the Summer.
Stuart, Fl is also nice.

Ps, I lived in Boca, Clearwater, and have relatives in Fort Meyers Orlando, Naples and Miami. They all wished they lived in Jupiter
Old 04-02-2003, 08:37 AM
Registered

Check it out

http://www.jupiterlink.com/
Old 04-02-2003, 09:18 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Groove

Their are allot of choices here right now, Bonita Springs is a great area. You should also look at Estero, next to Bonita Springs and anywhere in Naples. The area from North Naples - Ft Myers is going through allot of changing right now, allot of people are moving into this area and not just retired ones. My cousin just purchased a town house in "Grandezza" about 170K 3 bed 2 bath 1 car garage on 9th hole.

Its up to you but I would suggest renting a place for 6 months- year and take your time and find what you want.

Will
Old 04-02-2003, 09:25 AM
Registered

Thanks for the reply. We have family in Stuart we visited in February. We drove the coast from Stuart to West Palm, Jupiter looks nice. I may be a little to close to family...

How much does real estate prices vary around the coastal towns. Here in MA the prices per town for a similar house varies by 200%. It seems like the coastal towns in FL vary but now as much.

If you don't mind me asking, what are some of the reasons people you know in FL want to move to Jupiter?

Thanks,
Dave
Old 04-02-2003, 09:28 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thumbs up

Cape Coral's nice for a family.....lived there for awhile myself & still have family there....
Old 04-02-2003, 09:42 AM
Registered

Beautiful, safe, clean, A lot of young professionals,
Boating, Spring training, Small town. Close to I95, beaches, Airport(15 minutesaway)
Miami (90 minutes)
Fort Lauderdale (60 minutes)
Orlando 2 1/2 hours away.

3/2 house in Jupiter 200-300k for nice
500k-25million for waterfront.
Check out Abacoa in Jupiter
I think it is Abacoa.com
Old 04-02-2003, 12:14 PM
Registered

That's funny Scott. My wife and I agreed the Abacoa was our favorite area on the East coast. It looks like someone plopped a new town down. Everything looked new.

Thanks for the replies I have received so far. I will contact each of you and get your feedback.
Old 04-02-2003, 12:32 PM
Registered

Hey Groove, I just Noticed you were from Boston. I have met a good # of people from Boston in Jupiter. They came down with a Company called Oxford Int'l based in Peabody.

Quick Reply: Anyone know the Fort Myers area?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.