Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Just bought and read the new Power boating .... (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/48440-just-bought-read-new-power-boating.html)

Jay_98ca 04-23-2003 09:59 PM

Just bought and read the new Power boating ....

Last night I just went out and bought the new Power boating magazine to read the write up about the 1000 Islands run.Everything was all well and dandy until I got to the point where they mentioned the card stops and how well things went on the day.But seems to me they forgot to mention the card stop in Rockport and the crazy guys on the SEA-DOO ( Me driving + my co-pilot) in the middle of the channel dishing out the cards as quick as possible. Now I am not one to gloat or anything. BUT how many people do you know that would be crazy enough to go out on a PWC on a rough day,Let alone do it on a rough day with 149 powerboats coming in all within a half hour of one another,And to only hit one of them as I was pulling away and only scrubbed his stern.I was quite impressed as was my co-pilot on how well we did.Even though we couldn't hardly walk for a week.But I did manage to strap on the hockey skates that following week of the run and wasn't skating to quickly. But anyway,It just bugged me that Mr Taylor always forgets the little guys and who helps put on a good show for him. Thats why I am so strongly against him moving the run. And one more thing.If they asked me to do it again.I would drop the DOO in the water and be in Rockport waiting for you guys again.It was certainly a rush I'll never forget.And to see all your faces when you saw us coming to you water logged and soaked to hand you your cards as quickly as possible. Hope to see you all this coming August.And if your bored shout me a message. Hope everyone and boats are doing well.I know I am itching for summer to begin. Take care all.

fpcjackie 04-26-2003 03:35 PM

That sounds like fun!

Did you read about the "Unsung Heros" in Powerboat?

Jay_98ca 04-26-2003 05:08 PM

No I haven't sorry. I'll have to look for it. It was a blast.Very intense for sure. Never a dull moment that's for sure. I just thank everyone for there patience that day and letting me do it as quickly as possible. I was hoping to hear from alot more people.Maybe even ones who had some pictures of it.That would be cool.

CAP071 04-26-2003 05:27 PM

They always forget the little guy , such is life! :eureka:

I wonder what issue of PBM I'm going to see Mr. Teague test a waverunner? :crazy: :eureka: :p

searace 04-26-2003 08:20 PM

This months (may)PBM, page 38 is a very interesting story..mmmmm must-read kinda stuff

Hustler 26 04-26-2003 09:06 PM

Jay_98ca You guys did an outstanding job. I was there last August with Sterndrive Spec. We couldn't believe that anyone could be that brave (:D or insane).

I thought the run in August was back at Gan. I hear they decided against Kingston because of Gan.'s great yearly support. Or has it all changed again?

Jay_98ca 04-27-2003 12:12 AM

Hustler,Where you been hiding dude.... I figured you would have been the first to reply... Glad you did. And ya I was nuts.After the first 10 boats I thought what the hell am I doing out here,After that it was all adrenalin...It was an awesome rush.My 130 ponies got me around pretty good.Almost lost my co-pilot a few times when I had to gun it. As for the run in Aug. I have heard a few good things and what not.But not sure if I should be saying anything yet.When I get the official word.I will let you know. I'll be talking to one of the head committee members this coming week and see what he says. I have a strong feeling though.This are to good to pass up with our run. Hope to hear back from you and the rest of the clan.Everyone is hiding. I haven't heard from the Ferretino's all winter,Or Tomcat.I know your around somewhere Tom. And Jeff don't know where he's hiding. Maybe he can score me a job with his uncle. Just got my certification for heavy equipment finally. Take care guys.And hope to hear from more of you.