Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   OSO Reporter/Miami.... (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/48479-oso-reporter-miami.html)

tripps 04-26-2003 12:18 PM

Please Please NO rain!!!,hey frequent,If you want to watch from the hotel with us ,feel free,Im watching the waves now!!! rm 1522 Darren we havent gotten over there yet,but ill let you know Tripps

tachyon 04-26-2003 12:41 PM

Just stopped by the dry pits which are anything but dry...continuous rain...heavy at times. Turnout is underwhelming...only 18 boats. Only two big cats...Bacardi and El Diablo. I'll stop by later to see if there are any late arrivals.

frequentflyer 04-26-2003 12:42 PM

Thanks Tripps.. I'll let you know.. I'm holding on to every bit of hope... Are they out there doing test runs today?

tachyon 04-26-2003 12:45 PM

Crane had it's boom down...operator reading the paper. Not much action in the pits. Course conditions flat.

frequentflyer 04-26-2003 12:51 PM

Not good. My brother is getting "ponchos" rain coats so we can install the pump... Ok.. I'm not too religious but I think it's time for a group prayer.... ( As he takes a sip of his black label..)

frequentflyer 04-26-2003 04:57 PM

OK. Pump's on. Ready to go... The weather channel is predicting 40% chance of rain tomorrow. That's an improvement from this morning's 60% forecast. Hopefully it won't all fall on Miami Beach !!

tripps 04-27-2003 07:49 AM

Here's the sunday morn weather up date,nice now,coronas coolin off, :D :D :D the weather man says,stormy condintions later this afternoon! :( :( :( . Hope it holds off till the finnish! We are gonna head over to the pits soon Tripps

tripps 04-27-2003 10:50 AM

Well the suns out, ocean flat :D :D :D :D Coronas cold,some nice big ones there just waiting for the start of first race!!:eek: :eek: :eek: tripps

tripps 04-27-2003 03:57 PM

Well they did it :D :D :D It turned out to be a nice day,maybe 2-3 footers. the barcardi boat went for a sunday drive after some thing happened to the other boat(i dont know what) and the super v's had a good time and put on a good show! Thats all i know! We didn't go to the pits to see what was goin on,but we went to the pool at the Fountain blu! T hen about 1 hr after lunch,pool and kidstuff,the sky got very dark,very dark,rained real hard for 10 minutes and is now clearing up! tripps

tachyon 04-27-2003 04:08 PM

A few retirements, a couple of spins....about 13 finished I think....there were too few to count...got bored and lost count...

Bacardi soloed around abit faster than the Vee's for the win. They should race both boats when nobody shows. Actually, El Diablo was in the dry pits but didn't have engines....oars...or sails...but they do have NC as a sponsor....go figure...

Firewater won despite spinning and almost running over a Batboat cutting across course, Switch (Extreme) ran second and Muscle (ex-Nick Carter fountain) took third limping in with mechanical trouble.

That's all I recall...it was a snooze.