Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   So who in the Lake Michigan area is going to take me over 100mph this year? (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/48486-so-who-lake-michigan-area-going-take-me-over-100mph-year.html)

Mr. Demeanor 04-24-2003 05:21 PM

So who in the Lake Michigan area is going to take me over 100mph this year?

I have a list of things I would like to accomplish during my life.

1. 200mph on land
2. 100mph on water
3. Ride along with Blue Angels, Thunderbirds, or similar

Ive been 93 on the water.
187 on land.
450ish in the air (turned on my GPS while flying to Miami :) )

200 on land will have to wait until next year. My bike runs just over 190 and I have been to 187. I just don't have the money for the turbo this year.

Anyone want to help me out with #2?

PS, Doesnt it piss you off when they take these bimbo news people up in the fighter around airshow time? They should raffle off that ride and donate the money to a good charity. That would at least give the average guy who has dreamed all his life about it a chance.

46tomcat 04-24-2003 05:44 PM

we can guarantee a 100 mph ride on TomCat with just a kind donation to old village school for special need kids.With the new race boat were making donations after each race.In the past any poker run money with TomCat was sent there .Just pm mail me and we can set up a time in TomCat or the race boat Reliable Carriers thanks Tom

Mr. Demeanor 04-24-2003 05:50 PM

I was actually going to make a donation to the Christopher Reeve foundation having had a small taste of nerve damage myself. I may have to rethink that now.

Mr. Demeanor 04-24-2003 06:01 PM

Damn, I forgot to say "PLEASE".

36spectre 04-24-2003 07:34 PM

Come on out to Skaterfest and I be happy to give you a ride.Otto

Mr. Demeanor 04-24-2003 07:52 PM

God, I feel like Wally :D

Quiet Storm 04-24-2003 09:44 PM

Chris

If you don't think your back will hold up, I'll take your place and tell you about it.:) You know me, anything to help.;)

Mr. Demeanor 04-24-2003 09:58 PM

Roger, how about we get a small group togethor and all pitch in for a donation and ride aboard Tomcat? I have at least one person interested.

PS, Ill be in S.H. next weekend. Ill tip back a beer and have some Perch for you.

Quiet Storm 04-24-2003 10:22 PM

Chris
That sounds like a good plan. I'd love to take a ride on that boat.

I'm finding that you have a mean streak. We close on the 30th. Don't choke on any bones.:p

Peconic 04-24-2003 10:29 PM

Re: So who in the Lake Michigan area is going to take me over 100mph this year?

Originally posted by Mr. Demeanor

1. 200mph on land
2. 100mph on water
3. Ride along with Blue Angels, Thunderbirds, or similar

1.) Been there, done that. In a Volkswagen. (New 12 cylinder VW Phaeton, soon to be available in the US, computer slightly mucked with ...)

2.) Still working on it ...

3.) Sometimes Air Chance runs a special: Fly the Concorde on a Business ticket ... not worth it.