Notices

Want to hear stupid?

Old 04-27-2003, 06:57 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Want to hear stupid?

So, we drop the boat in.....After repainting bottom and drive, new plugs and plug wires, and amp. I get out there today, Try to take off, thing is floored and doing 3100RPM. I was upset and said some mean things to the old 4.3....Limped back to the dock, Lift up the hatch, maybe its something simple even I would know....Dad takes a look, dosent see anything either. So we check the plug wires. When I put them on, I guess my brain was on another planet. The distributor cap has the big cylinder numbers, than the little numbers (of who knows what) Anyway, I put the wires on the small numbers. Changed them to big numbers, went out and rang out 5000RPM Last year I was only hitting 44-4500, so a 600rpm gain for 30$, not bad
Old 04-27-2003, 07:54 PM
racinbird

WOW! 600 extra rpm, where can I get one of those magic caps. Sounds like you were in need of a tune up. If you are from Lewis Center, does that mean you went to Alum Creek? It was an awesome day in columbus today, too bad my baja is still in pieces. Let me know what type of baja you have and ill keep an eye out for you once I put my engine back together, always fun to have another fast boat out there! Derrick

Old 04-27-2003, 08:16 PM
Registered

Default Yee ha!!!!!!!

Sweet Tommy. Wish I would have been up there! Heck with the big gain, probably would have went around my Baja!

Beautiful day. Went to Old Man's Cave instead with the family. Gald to hear the boat is running better! Bet you had a great time.

See anyone else up there today?
Old 04-28-2003, 07:30 AM
Registered

Racin Bird, Yep, Alum Creek. I have a red and black 19' open bow. What type do you have? Luv-n-it, I hit 5k, a lot better than last october!! I did see "Twin OB Sonic" as i was trying to get back to the dock. And I saw 272 Boss with a modded 502

See you guys out there, Now that I got a job I can afford gas money, so I will be out there tonight!
Old 04-28-2003, 09:18 AM
racinbird

hyperbaja, I've got a 232 boss with a 500hp 502, which is still in pieces, cant wait to see what she can do! Hope to be back together this weekend, we'll see. All white with black and red graphics, I normally drop in at new galena(?) Ill look for ya!