Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   APBA Detriot back in the Offshore Business ? (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/48601-apba-detriot-back-offshore-business.html)

BenPerfected 04-26-2003 07:26 PM

APBA Detriot back in the Offshore Business ?

STOP! Nobody needs another offshore racing group. The APBA officers created the for profit LLC. Own it ...and get the issues resolved. MA has made great progress. He is not perfect nor does he claim to not have made mistakes. The LLC's position is unreasonable? Work it out.
I urge all racers to stay the course with the LLC and both APBA factions to return to negotiations.
Please everybody, behave as businessmen.
Sprague Mullikin
APBA # 1748

searace 04-26-2003 08:23 PM

Thankyou!!!! Very well put!

raynman 04-26-2003 09:33 PM

Received a letter today from APBA (Detriot) stating "APBA is back in the OFFSHORE business!" Further it asked that memberships be mailed in or filed online. Then "More information will soon be forthcoming about the APBA National circuit for 2003 and the Divisional circuit for 2003."
Do they really expect memberships and sanctions to be sent in with no more information than that? Where will the races be? How many races? Can they possibly get sites organized for this season? Does anyone out there have any idea what there intentions are? I think they should have a schedule in place before they start soliciting memberships.

Mag27 04-27-2003 11:15 AM

Mike A,I hope your right on this.Brought the boat to party yesterday to help raise funds for the Frt. Myers Offshore races and that was all the taulk about APBA and SBI.Most of peaple wanted to know if APBA was back if we were going to race Frt Myers again.I told most of them I didnt think APBA could be dumb enough to get in bed with big john no matter how bad they wanted Offshore back,and we were racing Marathon and the Opbra gold cup.We had a lot fans here in Ft.Myers and im not sure whats left after yesterday but for my team and myself I wish you would get this mess worked out. MEL VOSS TEAM VIXEN

Mag27 04-27-2003 07:37 PM

Mike A,thanks for the reply,it sure answers a lot of my questions and maybe in the future we can help on the Frt. Myers race thing.I just havent gotten the racing out of my blood yet for now.Still have a bad taste in my mouth about Sarosota but it looks like short season so I guess if you can pull it off we will be there.Didnt mean to sound derogative about APBA Detroit,just dont like seeing deals being made under the table. MEL VOSS TEAM VIXEN

AugiePensa 04-28-2003 06:28 AM

Mike A, Thanks for the offer....I'm sure Smitty will be in touch with you. Good luck and keep the chin up! Augie

Mag27 04-28-2003 07:34 AM

Hey Augie,looks like the man stuck his hand out a mile to you guys,hope somthing comes of it.By the way,what day is your bunch arriving in Ft. Myers?? Were leaving for Marathon on thu.AM but might be able to connect with you and Smitty if your in on wed. MEL TEAM VIXEN

Racing Cat 04-28-2003 09:17 PM

Mike A,

Great response, great answers. Please continue to keep us posted on OSO and your website. Looks like the racers agree with you and your competiton based model as we watched in Daytona and also raced in Miami... 80 something to around 18 or so. We will see you in Marathon - we want some competition!

AugiePensa 04-29-2003 06:23 AM

ttt

Hauling Trash 04-29-2003 07:03 AM

Thanks

Mike A..I love to see the NE grow to,There are a lot of boats up this way ,

Mike