Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Good dealings w/OSO member (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/48612-good-dealings-w-oso-member.html)

ThirdBird 04-27-2003 06:30 AM

Good dealings w/OSO member

Just thought I'd put some good news in here regarding a deal I made with a fellow OSO member. This is in light of the recent bad deals experienced by a few members.

Bought a used top (bimini, front, sides and aft drop) from a fellow member named Fuelish. He described the condition over the phone, we made a deal then I met him half way for delivery. Fuelish described the condition perfectly (the top is in very good condition). Fuelish was upstanding and I appreciate it. Thanks again Fuelish.

obnoxus 04-27-2003 09:47 AM

Nice words ThirdBird. Good to hear for a change.

Fuelish,,,,, Kudos man !!!!

obnoxus 04-27-2003 09:49 AM

Ya know,, something just crossed my mind,,, what kind of world has it become when we congradulate and thank people for doing whats right !!!!?????

buck183 04-27-2003 12:41 PM

Originally posted by Too Old
I tell ya, with all the horror stories you hear about the performance boat industry, my dealings with OSO members have always been as they should be. I've sent parts to guys before I received payment. Never a problem. Guys have done the same for me.

Yesterday I got my drives delivered from Ft Lauderdale to South Carolina by Kurt [BIGGUS]. I had to beg the guy to even take a little gas money and let me buy him lunch. While he was in Miami picking up other peoples boats, parts and a motorcycle, he was running short on time. Steve, our host here on OSO dropped everything and went to Lauderdale to get my drives.:)

There's been plenty of others who have done extrodinarily nice things for me too. From free tickets to the Miami Boat Show and some of the parties to actually coming to my place to work on my boat.

OSO just plain rocks. It's the people.;)

If with Fred on this one.

I have sent a lot of stuff from the store to members here on the board without thinking twice about it. Payment is NEVER an issue for me until they have the product safe in hand. Even then I don't worry about ever getting it.

Everyone here seems to know each other quite well. Burning someone from the board would not be worth the consequences IMO.

Buck

ThirdBird 04-27-2003 06:22 PM

You guys are right, most people on this board are great. But, there are still a few jerky-boys out there!!!!! Anyway, like you said Too Old, just not worth boning someone on this board, kinda like a little brotherhood here.

I'm reletively new to this board. I read and learn alot, don't post as much as others. Just pretty impressed with everyone on this board.

Nice to make a deal based on shear words and agreement!!!:)

cig1988 04-28-2003 05:52 AM

The only regret I have is that I wish is that I found this years ago. Alot of helpfull people here that share a common interest. I am new to the board myself and enjoy the hell out of this. Alot of rif-raf in this world but not here! Hope it stays that way.

Dave F 04-28-2003 01:03 PM

Like they say, you gotta give it to get it.

Convincor, (scott) just bought a fuel pump from me. I told him on Sunday that I wouldn't be able to send it till the following friday. He said no problem, I send ya the money anyway. He got it the following Mon and was happy with it.

Everyone I've had to deal with so far has been excellent.

OSO definitely ROCKS!!

DAVE

ChrisK 04-28-2003 03:27 PM

I also had a GREAT experience with someone on the board (Aqua-holic) I bought his(mine now! hehe) 2001 Yamaha R6 bike.. it was described in pictures and on the phone PERFECTLY. That is what it was also PERFECT!... Deal was done and a fellow OSO'r who was traveling from Ohio,where Aqua lives, to Ft Meyers brought the bike down for me! It could not have been a better experience!