Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Tempest Hulls, Thoughts of Opinions? (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/48624-tempest-hulls-thoughts-opinions.html)

searace 04-27-2003 07:06 PM

Yes I do, and yes We, I was involved with Seahawk going back to the original Phantom/ Impulse days. Scorpion started out as just a buch of guys, us/ we who wanted to build something different. The first boats built were "For your eyes only" and "El Boss"...both 38' Scorpions. Curtis's Dad, Mr. Chapman, did alot of the plug work...but was contracted through Julio... enough said about that.. right Curtis?? Thats why the 32' open fish deck was asemetrical... Chapman was never paid and the project was finished by a less experienced carpenter/ plug maker. In 1997, when Julio tried to resurect the business he retooled that deck and it looked alot better...

Wazzup Racing 04-27-2003 07:06 PM

Not to cloud the issue, but there were only 11 vipers built, before a fire destroyed the molds. The only remaining molds are for the liner and hatches. Oh and by the way the boat has been popped again, now it is a 32 Bad Boy, with a step added. 32' single hp 500 ran 80 first time out. Killer in the rough.

searace 04-27-2003 07:19 PM

1 Attachment(s)
those were possibly a set of molds that had something to do with Bill Gazzell... they were not the original set.. and then... some debate that there were any 32' molds in the fire at all...

The molds we recieved were one hull mold and a deck mold that was a copy of a sutphen. The deck mold was warped and useless,,, a new flat deck was tooled for the 32' along with the open fish... and then the Elegante' which was the best known 32'. Ive enclosed a pic of an Elegante' i raced with Bruce Kreimier(owner of thunder coatings)

searace 04-27-2003 07:25 PM

1 Attachment(s)
another

Scorer83 04-27-2003 07:44 PM

Searace - Are you saying that the 32 Viper was a "splash" of the Sutphen?

searace 04-27-2003 07:49 PM

1 Attachment(s)
no... you misunderstood. The deck lines of the molds we rec. were a copy/ similar to the 30 sutphen. The hulls are totally different. sorry for the confusion.

enclosed is the brochure for the 37 Elegante' This is the boat that was used for the base bottom for the 37' Active Thunder

searace 04-27-2003 07:52 PM

1 Attachment(s)
here is the open fish 32....

Ron P 04-27-2003 09:09 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Same shot

buckknekkid 04-27-2003 09:14 PM

involved???????

is that before you claimed to be a naval architect?????? or before the days as a doctor???????? or maybe a novelist??????? a lot of claims, WHERES THE BEEF?

BattleCry 04-28-2003 03:41 AM

I sense tension here.:D