lake cumberland compared to Lake of the Ozarks >

lake cumberland compared to Lake of the Ozarks

Notices

lake cumberland compared to Lake of the Ozarks

Old 04-27-2003, 02:51 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default lake cumberland compared to Lake of the Ozarks

would like to know how Lake Cumberland compares to Lake of the Ozarks from people that have been to both. Intrested in places to eat and night life on the lake as well as things to do that are not on the lake.

Also if anyone has any suggestions as to where the best places are to stay. Condos, resorts etc.

Thanks
Old 04-27-2003, 03:58 PM
Registered

I've never been to Cumberland, but it is a dry county and I guess you're not supposed to drink there
At LOTO you can damn near do anything you want
Old 04-27-2003, 07:16 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Cumberland sucks, don't even bother with it.
Old 04-27-2003, 07:59 PM
racinbird

Cumberland is only good if you go with a group of people or feel like tieing up in a cove. There are no on water bars or hot spots. Never been to LOTO, everyone seems to talk about it though, may have to try it soon.

Old 04-27-2003, 08:12 PM
Registered

Received 11 Likes on 2 Posts

as for as the two lakes go cumberland seems to be alot cleaner and deeper lake they seem to be similar sizes, eating on the water is limited to just a few places at cumberland, and at loto retsurants are plentiful from one end of the lake to the other, well maybe not once you get past the 60mm or so. only a few places for gas on cumberland, loto has fuel docks all over. there is no night life at lake cumberland, and loto has many resturant with night life untill 1:30 on the lake. cumberland is a undeveloped shore lines the only docks you see are at the few marines on the lake, loto shore lines or developed with individual homes and condos, you'll see everthing from seasonal cabins to muti-million dollar show pieces. loto is a whole lot busier lake than cumberland and the water gets very rough. the first time the wife and i were at cumberland was a few years ago with some friends that live around cinncinati and boat lake cumberland, we were out all day with 3 boats a 26sunsation, a 35 fountain and a 38 powerquest, after the day was over and we were back in the motel room our friends that boat down there were commenting about how rough it was earlier in the day, me and the wife looked at each other and i turned to them a said you guys dont know what rough is untill you come down to our lake, of course they gave the business about it cant be all that bad and of course we exchanged rough water stories for awhile and i just left as come on down to loto and find out, they did later that year, needless to say we i had to give them all a lesson in how to drive a boat in rough water at are first refreshment stop. ya cant stretch the drives way out and run with the tabs all the way up. by the end of the weekend they were all say how rough it was. but they loved loto because there was so much to do and so many places to go.
later
Old 04-27-2003, 08:40 PM
Registered

Received 11 Likes on 2 Posts

troutly,
Theres days it seems they dont make a boat big enough.
later
Old 04-27-2003, 08:48 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Now I'm not sure if I even want to go to Lake Cumberland.

Friends are going down on Memorial day weekend and we were kicking around the idea of going. It sounds like it is pretty boring if your not into nature. I guess I just figured there were resturants and things to do by water. Sounds like the nightlife also stinks with no bars or places to go.

I guess it is about an 8-9 hour trip to tow. Might have to re-think this and stay closer to home and hit Put in Bay.

Now LOTO sounds like my kind of place.

Cordell
Old 04-27-2003, 09:20 PM
Registered

i would second put -in-bay, if you are going to drive 8*9 hours go to loto it is fun. if you want great boating it is just a big crowded river though, can't beat the great lakes for boating.
Old 04-27-2003, 09:33 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 133 Likes on 82 Posts

Cumberland has restaurants. Some good ones too. They are just kind of stretched out from one end to the other. Probably 8 significant restaurants. Also has a frequently-topless party cove.

Not trying to compare it to LOTO, cause it sounds like LOTO has more of everything, but Cumberland is not a total bore...
Old 04-28-2003, 01:00 AM
Registered

Cumberland is worth going to. It is dry all around the lake but as long as you don't advertise your drinking you'll be fine. Been going there for years. It's a little quieter than LOTO, and the water is cleaner and there are some places to eat on the water. In Somerset there are some nice places to eat, a mall and a go-cart track that we usually get kicked out of.
LOTO, you can do everything by water. I think you can grocery shop on the water. Lots of eatery's and clubs. It is rough though and some of the fastest boats I've seen I one place. It's just cool.
mike

Quick Reply: lake cumberland compared to Lake of the Ozarks

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.