Notices

APBA vs LLC My Opinion

Old 04-30-2003, 08:43 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by Baja Daze
Sorry, I don't want to comment further other than to say that some members have special interests outside of the APBA and have relationships with some influential people in other arenas.
Baja,

You say there is a problem with some of the members of the BOD, yet you won't say what. Until someone can give me any example of how any of their relationships outside of APBA it is all hearsay. If someone can provide proof that can be researched please let me know either by email, pm or post it here. I will post results with my findings.

Thanks
Matthew
Old 04-30-2003, 08:50 AM
Enjoy the show
VIP Member

Fred Hauenstein, Jr. is a top exec with Mercury.
Old 04-30-2003, 08:50 AM
Enjoy the show
VIP Member

Remember, APBA could have paid thier bills too.
Old 04-30-2003, 08:57 AM
Registered

Regardless of his agenda, and I am not a great supporter of MA. but I think it takes a great amount of work an dedication to develop a racing series such as LLC now has.Why would he take the risk of letting it get away from his control?

I guess the problem I always had is to see the Sport I loved try to be turned into a for profit business where the racers supply the profit.
Old 04-30-2003, 08:59 AM
Registered

Originally posted by Ron P
Fred Hauenstein, Jr. is a top exec with Mercury.
Ron,

Yes he is, can you show me were anything he has ever done that didn't have APBA best interest in mind, if not then were he works has no bearing on this debate. As for APBA not paying their bills please show me what bills they haven't paid.

Thanks
Matthew
Old 04-30-2003, 08:59 AM
Jeff

MMWALTERS, I heard a while back, say 3-4 years ago from a GM. executive that Mercs. purchaces were like 2% (or maybe it was 4% can't remember?, but pretty sure it was 2) of GM's engine business. As he put it they don't make any difference in the direction of GM's engine program. Maybe this has been coming for a while now?

Old 04-30-2003, 09:07 AM
Enjoy the show
VIP Member

My mistake, I meant the LLC could have paid thier bills to avoid all this mess.

MM. You hit the nail on the head. Racers are customers. Maybe the sport can grow, but at who's expense?

Grin, I'm sure that Fred always has APBA's best interest in mind. Breaking a contact with someone who wouldn't pay their bills as per an agreement seems like the obvious thing to do.
Old 04-30-2003, 09:08 AM
Registered

Jeff I had no idea the percentage of motors mercury purchased was that small. That explains why GMC would follow their own agenda without concern for mercury.Thanks
Old 04-30-2003, 09:11 AM
T2x
Allergic to Nonsense
Platinum Member

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally posted by Jeff
MMWALTERS, I heard a while back, say 3-4 years ago from a GM. executive that Mercs. purchaces were like 2% (or maybe it was 4% can't remember?, but pretty sure it was 2) of GM's engine business. As he put it they don't make any difference in the direction of GM's engine program.
But they sure have helped APBA and its racers with over 50 years of support in all classes and categories..........................

IMO Fred Hauenstein is a gentleman, honest, deliberate, and a "real" boat racer at heart. He has had a long association with both Mercury and OMC, lost a brother to the sport he loves, and never makes a promise he can't keep...........................

T2x
Old 04-30-2003, 09:17 AM
Registered

Originally posted by Ron P
My mistake, I meant the LLC could have paid thier bills to avoid all this mess.

MM. You hit the nail on the head. Racers are customers. Maybe the sport can grow, but at who's expense?

Grin, I'm sure that Fred always has APBA's best interest in mind. Breaking a contact with someone who wouldn't pay their bills as per an agreement seems like the obvious thing to do.
Thanks for the clerification

Quick Reply: APBA vs LLC My Opinion

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.