Notices

My boat is gone ...

Old 04-25-2003, 07:02 PM
wilerty

Default My boat is gone ...

Finished the sale of my boat today. Watched it go down the road with it's happy new owner. I've had a great three seasons with the Velocity 280 and would highly recommend it to anyone looking for a boat in that size range. I did not have one warranty issue with the boat in three years. With the loss of my co-pilot to college and my bad back ... it was time for it to go. Velocitys are particularly hard landing boats ... that pad can be brutal.

Not sure if or when I'll get another boat ... but not for several years I think. After over 20 years straight of boating, and an hour and a half commute to the boat every weekend ... I think I need a break.

As partial payment I took a 2001 Harley Heritage Softail Classic in trade. I'm not sure that my back or I are ready to get back into bikes ... been there, done that also. I'll play with that a little till it sells ... then maybe a sports car. We'll see ...

Old 04-25-2003, 08:20 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The 1000 Islands Powerboat Club is going to miss you Wilerty....

It was a pleasure to meet you... and to run with you!

I wish you the best of luck with your future ventures...

You know that that you don't have to own a boat to be in the powerboat club, let us know if you want to hitch a ride sometime Just let me know Dave
Old 04-25-2003, 08:38 PM
wilerty

Too Old: I'm not losing interest or leaving the board.

Bajadave: I've made many great friends in the 1000 Islands over the 49 years, yes 49 years, that Ive been going up there. I've already been invited to ride in some of the events this summer and plan to attend a few. It's a great group of people up there. It's also a wonderful place to visit without a boat.

Old 04-25-2003, 08:44 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Maybe you just needed to settle down and back off the throttle a little!
Old 04-25-2003, 09:17 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I kinda know what you mean boating and living in Philly area. Plus last year I hurt my neck while out jumpin a few waves not the boats fault, mine for being out in rough water.

I think the tow to the water gets me more than anything.
Old 04-25-2003, 09:51 PM
Hustler 26

Wilerty, I'm glad to hear the boat sold, but sad to see it did. I also am a member of the 1000 Isle Power Boat Club. We have alot planned according to the pres. I hope and look forward to still seeing you at the events. By the way I have a Harley also. A 98 fatboy.

Old 04-25-2003, 10:20 PM
wilerty

Hustler 26: I have never been into Harleys but I must admit this is one magnificent bike. It is Maroon/black, EFI, with a 1550 Stage 2 kit and about $8,000 worth of extras. I got about 6 boxes of stuff with the bike ... three windshields, extra luggage, cleaning stand, ... etc. I have a Harley catalog and am trying to figure out everything I have. I took it out tonight for my first ride in 20 years. I quit riding when my son was born and promised myself I wouldn'r ride again until he left the house ... he went to college last fall. At least it didn't bother my back tonight.

Old 04-25-2003, 11:32 PM
AT Cult Member #3
VIP Member

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

Take a break Wilerty, You deserve it.

We have a 55 minute ride to the boat, we used to tow 1 1/4 hrs and then deal with the a-holes at the ramp. This was the only time that me and the wife would argue!! Now we get there the boat is put in the water, and within minutes we're ready to go.
Old 04-26-2003, 06:23 AM
GLH
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 19 Likes on 13 Posts

Come on Will next rig !!!!
Old 04-26-2003, 09:35 PM
Hustler 26

Wilerty on the Harley...SWEEEEEEET. Glad to hear it doesn't hurt your back. It sounds like you got yourself a Harley treasure chest. Enjoy!

Quick Reply: My boat is gone ...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.