If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Platinum Member Platinum Member rainmn's Avatar
    Manahawkin, NJ
    Troutly, Brad - right on the money. My family has a waterfront home here in NJ as well. While I love the sound of open exhausts, not all of my neighbors do. None of them are "Noise Nazis," they would just appreciate a little common courtesy.
    For example, if you have Silent Choice, friggin' use it coming in and out of lagoons. You're not impressing anyone by leaving it open.
    Another one - who are all the future Darwin candidates running WFO across the bay late at night? I like to go out at night too, but wide open?
    The attitude that some performance boaters have almost justifies the attitude that the rest of the boating world has towards us. Telling someone to deal with your noise because they live on the water isn't going to help. I'm sure all of your houses are on some sort of road, right? Does that mean your neighbor has the right to blast up and down the street at 2am every night on an straight piped Harley?

My Boats:
    Donzi Criterion
    Jacksonville, FL
    I saw this in the paper this am also. This is after yesterday, where I saw that they placed the new no wake buoys from the Pt Pleasant canal to the beginning of Beaver Dam creek, and also in front of the Metedeconk river yacht club. My uncle must be a bit peeved, as his family owns a marina at the beginning of the creek, guess his tennants will take another 20 minutes to get to the canal now.
    This noise crackdown (we'll have to wait to see how bad it gets) seems like it just may be a way to appease the homeowners\sailboaters on the metedeconk, without dropping no wake buoys all over the river. When i was in high school, during the summer we'd be on the river water skiing at 6:00am before our summer jobs. It's sad that those days may be long gone.

Sorry for the long post, but i grew up and live in the area, and this really burns me up. AND...after saving for 3 years, I just bought a Donzi with a 502, so i'd like to ride the damn thing on the metedeconk river and barnegat bay!! I've wanted this boat for 18 years or so!!!!!!........ok, back to work now.....

My Boats:
    Fast Boats , Fast Cars
    PA USA
    Just sell your boat and by a sail boat or canoe. But then someone will complain that your mast is to high

My EX got the Sleekcraft Platinum Member gdfatha's Avatar
    My Boats:
    Sadly, no longer have: Sleekcraft 24'
    Apopka, Florida
    Anyone ever see Troutly's mast at full sail??
    marc (Offshore Paparazzo)

Senior Blue Hair~ I'm so old.. I remember
    "Preparation A"...

My Boats:
    2003 290 Kryptonite
    Quogue, NY
    Originally posted by rainmn
    While I love the sound of open exhausts, not all of my neighbors do. ... if you have Silent Choice, friggin' use it coming in and out of lagoons. You're not impressing anyone by leaving it open.
    Exactly. Noise is a very powerful issue. It has relocated airports, prohibited Air Forces from doing low level flights, even stopped churches from ringing their bells. If the military and churches have lost the fight, don't even think of picking one.

Our sport has enough enemies. If you hate speed limits, cut the noise.

OSO Content Provider Commercial Member SHARKEY-IMAGES's Avatar
    Originally posted by rainmn
    I'm sure all of your houses are on some sort of road, right? Does that mean your neighbor has the right to blast up and down the street at 2am every night on an straight piped Harley?
    So does that mean they will go after the motorcyles next???
    As far as I know most towns have noise ordinances. Brick's starts at 10:00PM til 7:30AM.
    As I brought up at the January meeting, if they are able to do this, does this give me the right to go tell the planes that fly out of Lakewood Airport to find another flight path other than the one over my neighborhood? I would not do such a thing. That is rediculus. I knew there was an airport a few miles away when I purchased my house and was willing to deal with it.
    On land, you have a place to go run your open exhaust vehicles. Water is the only place you can use your boat. Who is anyone to say you can't operate you boat out of the Noise Ordinance time limits. Although this is already a LAW, we do have to deal with it. It will be enforced this year!!! So as an early warning to anyone this effects, watch your back. Also remember not to take it out on our State Marine Police, they are only being asked to do their jobs. Be polite, and they may let you off with a warning first.

Digital Photography & Video one BYTE at a time !

My Boats:
    1988 Cruisers 2800 Rogue
    Yea, I too am peeved at the noise laws and if they insist on having them, they should be enforced equally on land, sea and the air. In other words, get rid of them. We have a local ordinance trying to control car stereos. They can play them as loud as they want till 10 PM. So, why cant I run my boat as loud as I want till 10 PM? Or, why arent all the Harleys being checked for sound levels? Better yet, I wonder how the police sirens would fare on the db meter? Chain saws, lawnmowers, come on, do it equally or dont do it at all. Its not even close to being fair that just boats are picked on. I have silent choice and I use it. Thats even illegal in Ohio.

Toxic FORMULA Platinum Member mopower's Avatar
    My Boats:
    1989 Formula SR-1 272 t/540's
    pitman nj
    That's what I love about our demacracy any more , three people bitc* and everybody has to pay the price
    You can never have too much horsepower or money...It's just hard to have both.

pbj 5
    Big Brother.....

Charter Member Charter Member Hauling Trash's Avatar
    My Boats:
    22 Hustler
    Beachwood N.J.

Noise Ordinances in Brick is 24 hrs 7 days ,NOW

2014 OPA-APBA National Champion Class 7 .Hauling Trash 725.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast