Opinions and advice, please. >

Opinions and advice, please.

Notices

Opinions and advice, please.

Old 03-03-2003, 08:17 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Opinions and advice, please.

As some of you may know, I recently sold my 30 Cobra Cat and ordered a new 33 Outlaw. I went down to the dealer to place the order on Sat. 3/1/03. My wife and I decided on the 496 HO's w/ the SST package and stayed up on Fri. night going through the Baja site, which allows you to go to the design shop and pick out your graphics package and colors. We decided on the SST graphics package w/ a white hull and then yellow, red and violet colors. When I got to the dealer, we went on the Baja site again and went through the custom shop. WOW! We went nuts and decided to go w/ the Miami Vice graphics as displayed on the 40 Outlaw (I wish I knew how to post a link but can't, so if you're interested just go to the Baja site). This little graphics update was $15,000. What do you think? Is it worth it? Also, I decided to get the 5 yr. warranty on the engines for $9,000, is that fair? Thanks in advance.
Old 03-03-2003, 08:41 PM
Registered

Wouldn't rebuild be same/cheaper? But VERY could if need more than rebuild.
I would feel good with a warranty no matter what!
Congrats on new boat ! ! ! Did you get the 4 bolsters?
Looks like a great with them, b ut makes thinks real crowded.
Old 03-03-2003, 08:52 PM
Charter Member #34
Charter Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Way too high on the extended warranties! Should get it for 3-4K less from what I have seen. You know how they push extended warranties on everything, every where you shop.

Call Clint or Mike at GeoGraphics about the paint. They use to do it for Baja. I think you might be surprised there also. Of course you won't be able to finance it in the deal.

We could not bring ourselves to spend the kind of money they wanted when we bought the 36 last year. Instead we put it in the engines. In a few years when the paint scheme starts to look dated we plane to do something wild at that time!
Old 03-03-2003, 08:53 PM
Registered

Ob, thanks. We didn't go w/ the extra bolstrers for the reason you posted. I really like the large cockpit area. Did you check out the graphics and if so, what do you think?
Old 03-03-2003, 08:55 PM

Did you guys test the 33 yet? Isn't that the one with the new "delta pad" and if so compared to other Bajas how was the ride?
Old 03-03-2003, 08:59 PM
Registered

Dock, thanks for the info. I'll set a seperate thread re: price of ext. warranties. Re: the paint, I would rather just get it done at the factory.
Becca, I have not been on any 33.
Old 03-03-2003, 09:20 PM
Charter Member #34
Charter Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Fatdaddy,

I was at the factory back in May and they were not doing any of the custom paint there. At that time it was being sent to Geo. I think now they are jobbing it out to someone closer.

If I was spending that kind of money on paint, I would want a one off paint scheme that you would not see somewhere else.

Good luck. I know you will love the boat!
Old 03-03-2003, 09:31 PM
Registered

Dock, I'm going to ask the sales woman about that. She led me to believe that it was in-house. Re: the paint, I love the look of the Miami Vice graphic on the 40 Outlaw in the brochure. Did you see it when at the factory? I'm afraid I couldn't come up w/ something hot if left to my imagination.
Old 04-29-2003, 06:17 PM
GeoGraphics INC

Default Correct

Doc is correct! I designed the 40 OUTLAW MIAMI boat a few years back, we then painted it for the Miami Boat Show. Since then it's been painted on differnt boats (from 25 - 40 ft.) and copied by a few other companies on their boats aswell...

Nice looking boat, If you want something "one of a kind" but still prefer "BAJA" to paint it - we CAN do the design - and supply then with the paint mask needed to do the job.

I beleive it's Kustom Kolour in OHIO doin "BAJA's" painting now.

Clint Graham - Desinger

888-382-9992

Old 04-29-2003, 07:08 PM
bobby daniels

I would save the money on the warranty as in a year or so you will want to go faster !

Quick Reply: Opinions and advice, please.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.