Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   The HUMMER H2 Tows Like A CHAMP! (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/48996-hummer-h2-tows-like-champ.html)

Jeffrey 05-02-2003 02:49 PM

Originally posted by FFO
What kind of gas mileage did it get compared to power-stroke .
One word - CRAPPY! Can you say 6MPG! Let's see ... that's about HALF of what I got with the PS Diesel! But then again - it's about three times as much as I get with the Cigarette!! :D

jawbreakerkid 05-02-2003 02:56 PM

Originally posted by Troutly
PS...PS.....who is that little fat Free Loader on your boat with the camera :eek: :D
dayemmmmmm!!!!!!

Maximus 05-02-2003 03:53 PM

I

Told ya!

maximus:D

PhantomChaos 05-02-2003 04:58 PM

Originally posted by Jeffrey
Sean - Funny you should ask that about a FORD. Ask PhantomChaos about his new Ford. He complained all the way up Cajon Pass that it couldn't get out of its own way. Then - upon arrival to our first stop - one of his brand new shiny Centerline wheels cracked and leaked air stranding poor Chaos in Barstow for five hours! How's that for some retribution!:D

That cracked rim could have been a disaster if it broke loose while running......especially if I was passing you. After Barstow, I had no problems and plenty of power. Weird. That really sucked though hanging around the truck stop......lots of different people passing through there. :D :D :D :D

Havasu Cig 05-02-2003 05:23 PM

Nort, I had a Weld Wheel crack on my F-250 psd. They actually told me it was common with the super duties because of the weight. They did warranty the rim though.

I was told it was better to use a one piece rim on the Super duties and Excursions. If the Centerline is a two piece rim I would conside this.

thisistank 05-02-2003 05:43 PM

Yea, and dont worry about Nort costing us 2 hours of good boating so we can pick him up a rim in the valley and bring it to him!!!:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

:D :D :D :D

Audiofn 05-02-2003 06:48 PM

Hey Tank what are freinds for :D:D

Not sure if they do something to the old Power Strokes out there but my power stroke towed Biggus's 91 top gun with 750 hawk and 1/2 tank of fuel no problemo at 75 all the way home from LOTO even up the hills.

I still love it when people say that they do not know that their truck has so much power that they do not know that their 42 foot cig tiger is behind them...... YA RIGHT.

Jon

Audiofn 05-02-2003 06:49 PM

Hey Nort what happened to your spare? Or were you trying to save weight kind of like the anchor :D:D

Jon

Mrgoodwrench 05-02-2003 07:15 PM

I remember way back when Jeffrey put up the thread about towing with the H2. I said then and I'll say it again, the H2 is awsome. It will do anything you need it to do.
And speaking of the Cajon pass, you guys are coming from the LA area right? How about taking the 10 to desert center, then up Rice road? Then you bypass all the Vegas traffic.:D

PhantomChaos 05-02-2003 07:15 PM

Originally posted by Audiofn
Hey Nort what happened to your spare? Or were you trying to save weight kind of like the anchor :D:D

Jon

Two issues there.........

1. I had 35" BFG's on the truck but stock spare

2. Didn't have the stock lug nuts

:D :D :D