The HUMMER H2 Tows Like A CHAMP! >

The HUMMER H2 Tows Like A CHAMP!

Notices

The HUMMER H2 Tows Like A CHAMP!

Old 05-01-2003, 10:59 PM
FOUNDER and BG1
Charter Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default The HUMMER H2 Tows Like A CHAMP!

This one is bound to cause some ruckus but after all the Hummer bashing I thought I would set the record straight.

Yours truly towed my 2000 Cigarette Top Gun F-2 boat all the way to Lake Havasu and back behind my H2. Crazy? Hardly. First, the F-2 boat weighed in at 8200 pounds with the bigger motors (over the stock 500's that originally came in it) and some gas. The trailer weighed in at 2400 pounds. Total of 10600 pounds.

Since we have some fairly major inclines and declines (El Cajon Pass) there is no way I would have attempted such a feat without ELECTRIC over hydraulic brakes. The antiquated surge brake system would have shoved the H2 out of the way on the downhills. Not so with electirc brakes. I had the bias set towards the trailer which caused the trailer to brake before the H2 essentially "pulling" back on the H2 and causing no concern about being shoved out of the way. However, that was the least of my concerns.

For those of you who have conquered El Cajon Pass - it is no minor incline. I have towed the Pass with Powerstroke Diesels and Vortech powered trucks and SUV's. I towed this same boat (which weighed less last year) with a Powerstroke Diesel Excursion. Max speed then? 50mph up the Pass. Imagine my surprise when I challenged the same incline last week at 65mph! Furthermore, I passed another SCOPE member in his new Duramax diesel powered Chevy truck! Granted he was towing a package that weighed in around 13500 pounds, however, it was still an impressive pass!

If you don't believe it - find a H2 and try it. 65mph towing 10600 pounds!! You will be as astonished as I was and truly amazed at how well the H2 performs as a tow vehicle. Forget all the stats for a moment and what should and shouldn't be possible. The H2 is an impressive tow vehicle in my book!

Okay - now bring on the criticism!
Old 05-02-2003, 12:29 AM
Registered

You towed this boat?

Old 05-02-2003, 12:31 AM
Registered

Oh.................
Attached Thumbnails The HUMMER H2 Tows Like A CHAMP!-dsc00112.jpg  
Old 05-02-2003, 12:48 AM
Registered

Received 94 Likes on 22 Posts

Ahhhhhhh.....Did you take the fenders off when you were towing it????? .........didnt think so.......I heard from another scope member that everyone thought the sound coming from your rig was the kick ass base boomin' from the H2s stereo but it was really the fenders beating the chit out of the side of the boat as you drove down the road at 65mph!!.......whats the deal with the fenders constantly out???....sheesh!!......there...howz zat for criticism...
Old 05-02-2003, 06:18 AM
GLH
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 19 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally posted by PhantomChaos
You towed this boat?
Keep killin me.
Old 05-02-2003, 08:01 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Wow...
Impressive
Old 05-02-2003, 08:11 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Is that a Ford with it's hood up...

yup...it's a common site on the side of the road...

Old 05-02-2003, 10:53 AM
FOUNDER and BG1
Charter Member

Originally posted by Sean
Is that a Ford with it's hood up...

yup...it's a common site on the side of the road...

Sean - Funny you should ask that about a FORD. Ask PhantomChaos about his new Ford. He complained all the way up Cajon Pass that it couldn't get out of its own way. Then - upon arrival to our first stop - one of his brand new shiny Centerline wheels cracked and leaked air stranding poor Chaos in Barstow for five hours! How's that for some retribution!
Old 05-02-2003, 10:57 AM
FOUNDER and BG1
Charter Member

Originally posted by twinn29
Ahhhhhhh.....Did you take the fenders off when you were towing it????? .........didnt think so.......I heard from another scope member that everyone thought the sound coming from your rig was the kick ass base boomin' from the H2s stereo but it was really the fenders beating the chit out of the side of the boat as you drove down the road at 65mph!!.......whats the deal with the fenders constantly out???....sheesh!!......there...howz zat for criticism...
See the two DINGBATS in the boat with me? Two dingbats, two brains, four hands, etc. - and what are they doing?? Sitting on their collective a**es making me look like one! Laughing all the way up the river when they saw Norty (Phantom) with his camera pointing at us and laughing.
Old 05-02-2003, 11:14 AM
Registered

Thanks for the info. Hope my wife doesn't hear about this...then I'll be spending more $$$ for the next tow vehicle than I planned on doing

Quick Reply: The HUMMER H2 Tows Like A CHAMP!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.