Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   So...how's everyone do'n on their spring diets??? (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/49020-so-hows-everyone-don-their-spring-diets.html)

CigDaze 05-02-2003 02:39 PM

It's the drinking thing that kills me!
If I didn't have to work, I wouldn't have to drink! :D

Mr. Demeanor 05-02-2003 03:20 PM

I do a few things that really help. The easiest is to cut you meal portion in about half. Americans have gotten so used to huge portion we train our bodies that we need it. I'll still have a P&J for lunch now and then, but not 2 or 3 like I used to. Another thing is to never buy anything at the grocery store, other than fruits and veggies, that doesn't have to be prepared to eat. Anything you can eat before you leave the store is bad. Anything that you only have to heat up as well. And to fight those late night hunger pains before bed, have a glass of water. Ive been drinking that fruit flavored stuff lately and its really good. Zero calories. Lastly, anywhere I can walk I do if weather permits. I can walk to the grocery store and video store near my house about as fast as I can drive there when you consider parking and lights.

wilerty 05-02-2003 03:44 PM

I'm down 28lbs since February 19. Go to the gym 7 days a week ... five of those a 5AM. Remember the date well ... I had a heart attack and three stints were put in to fix the 95% blockage. Goal is 50 lbs.

Clay Washington 05-02-2003 04:16 PM

Protein Power

The wife and I are on the Protein Power diet. It's kinda like the Atkin's Diet, but you can have more carbs. I eat bacon and eggs for breakfast and drink Mich Ultra on the water.

I have lost 20 pounds and the wife has lost 10. This is with diet only and zero exercise.

We eat alot of meat and veggies, and stay away from the starches (bread, pasta, etc.) and sweets.

So far, so good! :cool:

HebertNecessity 05-02-2003 04:24 PM

Clay, Sounds great! We drink Mich Ultra on the water ,@ Home , in the clubs, etc.... I need to drop 10 and Linda "wants" not needs to drop 7 please pm some links about this diet. or call 954-805-9828

Hugh

gdfatha 05-02-2003 05:22 PM

Baja..

I would think you would easily lose 15 lbs getting ready for and participating in the ISO program ..:D :D

Or is that what leads you to the drinkkin fountain??:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

BobbyB 05-02-2003 06:37 PM

I have been hitting the gym hard and put 10lbs on and now i am cutting back down and now i am at 184.I also lost 5% bodyfat. And i sure hate cardio.

bowtie 05-02-2003 07:39 PM

I'm with Mr Demeanor. I like to walk to the liquor store and to Burger King. Now I want to start lifting weights so those thirty packs don't feel so heavy. Either that or buy a wagon.

Mr. Demeanor 05-02-2003 08:06 PM

Originally posted by bowtie
I'm with Mr Demeanor. I like to walk to the liquor store and to Burger King. Now I want to start lifting weights so those thirty packs don't feel so heavy. Either that or buy a wagon.
My wife carries the beer.

Ive also been doing the low carb thing. Lots of steaks, eggs, and chicken breasts.

dlbCheckmate 05-02-2003 08:50 PM

Lost 52 Lbs so far..... Lifestyle changes, went for my CDL physical and found out I have type 2 adult diabeties.:( :( Oh well doctor still wants me to lose more, but my diabeties is under control with no drugs :D :D :D Just as Mr. D said all about portion size, when I go out I get a to go box with the meal and split it up front. It was tough at first I was always hungry ( 2000 cal), but my wife was real supportive ! She only eats 1/2 of the Ben and Jerrys ice cream now.:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: