Great lakes boating places??? >

Great lakes boating places???

Notices

Great lakes boating places???

Old 05-05-2003, 11:35 AM
FFO
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yes I agree with Eliminator219 I am also from same area. I have also been to put & Bay . I like the lake Erie inlands for partying . Chicago does pretty much suck for that. But does have nice sand and alot cleaner water then lake Erie..
Old 05-05-2003, 11:50 AM
Registered

Cleveland's Flats arent' what they used to be but some of the bars are still cool, like Shooters.
Old 05-05-2003, 12:41 PM
Registered

chi-town at night is pretty impressive, went there by boat for the first (only) time two summers ago. the city at night from the water wow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
we always joke that the cement plant coming into charlevoix at night looks like the chicago skyline, but since now i have been there i dont make that comparison as much.
Old 05-05-2003, 12:53 PM
Registered

Hasnt anyone mentioned KELLYS ISLAND? Its hoppin with drunk horny women on Friday nights in the summer...........
Old 05-05-2003, 01:26 PM
Eternal Warrior

yzbert, count me in on that fun run. I've been boating on Mullett Lake all my life, and I've been wanting to make that trip for a while. Sounds like fun!

Old 05-05-2003, 02:40 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

we just bought a 43 black thunder, and I am trying to talk my husband into going to Saint Jo, over Memorial Day weekend,
we are trying to hit a southern area in the Great Lakes, and I am trying to avoid the Put in Bay no reservation, raft off pain in the butt. I heard St Joe's a nice town, but after reading all the postings no one mentions it. I also thought about heading
to Chicago for one night so if any one knows of a safe marina in
downtown that would be great. We have not been to Put In Bay in several years (we will sure miss Lanz's!) if anything has
changed and there is a marina open to the public that is taking reservations that info would be good to have
Old 05-05-2003, 05:39 PM
FFO
Registered

My Dad keeps his boat in Hammond marine It is a very clean marine and has docks big enough for your 43 . Its only about 11 miles from Chicago's navy Pier . It is well worth going to navy Pier on Saturday night . as they have fireworks ever Saturday. The sky line is awesome .Or maybe come the week of the 4 of July during the taste of Chicago.
Old 05-05-2003, 06:52 PM
Charter Member #818
Charter Member

South Haven, just north of St. Joe is a good place to go. Great town with restaurants right on the water within easy walking distance from the municipal marina. It's also the southernmost card stop for the SMOTW Poker Run and was pictured in PB magazine last year. Really, you can't go wrong anywhere on the Michigan side. Try them all and decide for yourself.
Old 05-05-2003, 06:54 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Chicago

Thanks for your reply, I will see about contacting them, I hope they have transient dockage, and take reservations. I just wanted to make sure that if we leave the boat for several hours
it would be safe, plus I usually have two little Yorkies aboard, do
they have shower facilities. Have you ever gone across to St Joe.
Thanks again, I am just starting to use this web site, it's fun talking to other off shore enthusiasts.
Old 05-05-2003, 07:23 PM
Registered

Your not going to enter in the Smoke on the water poker run with that bad boy boat ? You will get a good look at sw shore line and ports of Michigan, and if the lake kicks up that day you could be 1st in , I've been on that lake in small offshore boats when they predict 3-4 footers that turn into 6-8s, thats fun when your in a 40+ foot boat....

Quick Reply: Great lakes boating places???

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.