Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Eagle Trailer Service, (or lack of) (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/49228-eagle-trailer-service-lack.html)

Gordo 05-05-2003 09:48 AM

Eagle Trailer Service, (or lack of)

Helping a friend work on his Eagle trailer last week. Last Tuesday, he calls Eagle trailers and orders a list of brake parts, then thinking while he's that far, he would also replace bearings and orders them as well. He then pays extra to have everything overnighted so we can have the parts by Thursday, and he will be ready to head for water by Thursday night.

Wednesday, no parts. No panic yet.

Thursday morning, UPS comes & goes with no parts. He calls Eagle trailers and leaves message for parts guy to call him back.

Thursday afternoon, the parts guy from Eagle trailers calls my friend back and tells him that they didn't have all the bearings in stock, so they didn't ship any of it yet. Then asks if he still wants the other stuff shipped.

Friend tells Eagle trailer parts guy to take a flying...
I'll leave that part out, but I think you get the idea.

From what I've seen, Eagle makes a good quality trailer. But is this the kind of "intelligent" service that is common with them?

Erie Desire 05-05-2003 09:55 AM

I don't know about their service(sounds like a dummy in the parts department), but the owner of Eagle trailers threw some fantastic parties on his boat. Once upon a time.
Besides brake parts a pretty common why go to Eagle? Unless you like paying too much.

birdog 05-05-2003 09:57 AM

Eagle service has been TOP notch to me...............
Go to NAPA for brakes & bearings.........

Luv-N-It 05-05-2003 10:01 AM

Redneck Trailer Supplies

Find them on the internet. They are a wholesale distributor for any you can think of for trailer supplies!

Gordo 05-05-2003 11:05 AM

I agree the parts would have been cheaper from RedNeck or Quality trailers, but since I had not yet seen the trailer and didn't have part numbers, the owner of the trailer decided it would be quicker, (we thought) and easier, (we thought) to just go straight through Eagle trailers. That way we know get the correct parts on time, (we thought).
As it is, he scratched his trip to the lake, we took everything apart Thursday afternoon, got the correct part numbers and ordered the parts through Oreilly Automotive, and we will probably put everything together sometime this week.

packinair 05-05-2003 11:58 AM

When I redid the stuff on my eagle trailer they were great, sounds like you just got a putz

Smitty 05-05-2003 12:10 PM

Personally I have had good service/luck with Eagle trailers. I'm on my second Eagle trailer. Sounds like your buddy needs to place a call to the management at Eagle and let them know the ball was dropped. I actively solicit feedback from my customers and make changes as necessary. It is hard to get better if don't talk to your customers. He might even get something for taking the time to call.

Dave

OldSchool 05-05-2003 12:20 PM

Originally posted by packinair
When I redid the stuff on my eagle trailer they were great, sounds like you just got a putz
Ditto for me...they were great. That does kind of suck that they didn't ship the other stuff or at least pick up the phone and call.:mad: :mad:

KCHOTBOAT 05-05-2003 12:23 PM

Gordo
I buy all my trailer parts from the place at I35 and Sante Fe in Olathe.

Cord 05-05-2003 12:47 PM

The axels are all universal. Just go to the local trailer store and get the parts off the shelf. If you don't have a local store, then check out Northern Hydraulics.