Great question...simple answer.Originally posted by fountain1fan
how about we race opean and super v that showcases both kind of boats v and cats and let's SEE the hole race of each class why are we limmted to 1 hour show why not 2 hr of boat racing i thank if nascar was run on high lights like boat racing there would not be many fans
1. Time on TV (and most places) costs money.
2. Sponsors provide money based on "watchability", fan interest and ratings.
3. #2 above is not working very well now...... in spite of the fact that racers "love the shows".
4. The programs are too complex (too many classes), chopped up ("paying off" too many sponsor/marketing interests)...and redundant.
5. Therefore, there is no demand or groundswell of interest occurring.
P.S. "paying off" is a TV term meaning providing exposure... not graft