Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   OT: My first flight today... (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/49404-ot-my-first-flight-today.html)

SummerObsession 05-07-2003 02:17 PM

jafo: Now your talking! I did read where a new rating (i.e. seaplane rating qualifies as a bi-annual flight review!
Land on the water and taxi up to your awaiting Cig (or boat of choice;) ). How cool would that be?:D :D

GLH 05-07-2003 02:49 PM

Good for you SO. Man I'd love to fly but Time is the problem here!

jafo 05-07-2003 02:51 PM

I'd need the Cig first, but you and Crazyhorse already have that covered.:D

We will all anxiously await the pics of you doing just that- you claim you've already smacked the 401K anyway, what hurt could a 206T on amphibs do now?:D ;)
That should really turn a few heads!:cool:

SummerObsession 05-07-2003 03:17 PM

Awwwww, come on a 206? Na, lets really blow the kids college fund and go after a Caravan on floats!!!!
Ohhhh yeahhhhh!

GLH 05-07-2003 03:45 PM

college fund??? I knew I forgot something.

Uncle Toys 05-07-2003 03:55 PM

SummerO, it's been ten years and your first time back you drive a Barron in IFR :eek: :eek: You've got some brass stones my friend! I would say that would be the equivalent of taking a 28 Skater with twin 300x's out in three foot wind chop and letting her rip....at night!

I'll bet that while you were IFR you didn't for a minute think about problems at the office, taxes, war in Iraq, whatever. Kind of therapeutic :cool: :cool:

Just remember, dead foot - dead engine ;)

SpectreBoy 05-07-2003 05:18 PM

I haven't flown for about 20 years, then outta the blue I ran into an old high school bud that was into it big time still, so he rolled us up a big fat one, you know the real sticky stuff, and he started..............wait a minute you meant airplane flying stuff didn't ya?

SummerObsession 05-07-2003 08:18 PM

I'll bet that while you were IFR you didn't for a minute think about problems at the office, taxes, war in Iraq, whatever.
Actually, all I was thinking about was keeping the shiny side up!;) :D

You've got some brass stones my friend!
Not really. I think i killed a few too many brain cells in college (and after).:D :D :D

Crazyhorse 05-07-2003 08:42 PM

Yes, a new rating does qualify as a BFR. So yes, a floatplane rating would get me current. Speaking of that, I need to check my logbook to see when I need my BFR. It's due this month. And I need to do my six instrument approaches by the end of the month to remain current for IFR work.

SummerObsession 05-08-2003 09:31 AM

UT: It sounds like you have a multi rating as well!
My instructor used to tell me "dead foot, dead engine, unless you are 50 above the runway on takeoff, then it dead foot, dead pilot" :eek: :D
He made his point not to hesitate though!