Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   1998 Fountain 42 Under $80k on ebay (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/49448-1998-fountain-42-under-%2480k-ebay.html)

hot boats 05-07-2003 09:15 PM

ask reggie he built the boat!

hot boats 05-07-2003 09:30 PM

THANK YOU FINALLY SOMEONE WHO KNOWS FOUNTAINS

mpally 05-07-2003 10:20 PM

Hot boat, relax a bit. Why are you so up tight about it. All they are saying is that it needs some work to get back into running shape. Anybody who looks at the pics can see that, hence the cheap price. You should be glad that all you boats are getting noticed.

Dave, thanks for clearing it up for me. I did not look at the boat in much detail, just a quick look. After you mention all that, I can see it now. I can't believe that Fountian puts the VIN on the hull like that. It makes it look like a stolen boat. Ya learn something new everyday.

"how many of you can even afford a 42 anything."

With an attitude like that, you will not sell many boats.

GLH 05-08-2003 06:10 AM

Re: 1998 Fountain 42 Under $80k on ebay

Originally posted by GLH
... at least the price is adjusted...
Hey Hot Boat someone said "there is no such thing as bad publicity" anyone who wants a rig and are into these kind of deals (cheap buyin and time project) will be able to evaluate it. If you look at what Raypanic did with the 47' he got that thing looked funky in the start with the Dragon, no power and all... I'm sure there is plenty of people that can see value here and our adolecent posts too have fun a bit, won't scare them away.

Also someone "in the arena" like Roservelt said will make his own mind up nothing mentioned here will be news.

Care HB and laugh a bit!!!:D:D:D

NEVER ENUFF 05-08-2003 07:16 AM

Looks like an old U.S. Customs boat, they didn't use the white dash and cabin doors

HiPerf2000 05-08-2003 07:21 AM

Originally posted by mpally

"how many of you can even afford a 42 anything."

With an attitude like that, you will not sell many boats.

My thoughts exactly.....that comment deserves the hi-perf covented "YOUR A HANDJOB" award. :rolleyes: I thought i had given them all out when supercrash left. :p

pachangalpina 05-08-2003 08:45 AM

I recently bought a 36/38 Fever that had been listed on ebay several times. I noticed the boat because so many people here had so many things to say about it. Not many good things said but the price was right. Do I want more power...YES, but the engines in it are low hour and good for now. Are the graphics dated....yes, but that can be changed. Does the boat suit my needs AND budget...YES!!! I am happy with it and it is mechanically sound and for a fraction of what a newer one would cost.

Todd

PatriYacht 05-08-2003 09:29 AM

I recently had the chance to buy a 97 fountain 42 called Done Deal from a repo lot with 500's, trailor, 170 hrs. In good overall shape. $100,000. Didn't buy it because it didn't have an enclosed head. This is a $40,000 boat, maybe.

cowisl 05-08-2003 09:41 AM

G.l.- i cant believe you are already looking at new boats...:D

pachangalpina 05-08-2003 09:48 AM

Now this is rough!!!

BOAT