Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   OK Nauti-Kitty How Fast is it? (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/49491-ok-nauti-kitty-how-fast.html)

MIdnightRider 05-08-2003 06:43 AM

OK Nauti-Kitty How Fast is it?

Now first I will make my excuse, my center prop was all chewed up which I had told you before even going in the water. Also the props are just wrong, it only turned 5400 RPM, it was a sled all the way to Muskegon and back. But, your boat did look like it was fast, at just about 80 you flew by me. Whats the review? What did you think? My supposed boat educated friends speak very highly of that brand of boat, they say after running it you wont want to sell it. Midnight

Nauti Kitty 05-08-2003 08:47 AM

This thing runs like a raped ape. 104 with the three of us and half a tank of gas. Accelaration is better than my skater. My new boat will run pretty strong with these motors also so I am still sticking to my plan. I think when someone buys the Sutphen hull and rerigs it with bravo's and 500's it would run over 80. It just seems to be a real fast hull. Anyway your boat looked and sounded great, it was good to be out there. Bring on summer. NK:cool:

cuda 05-08-2003 09:07 AM

What boat/power are we talking here?

Nauti Kitty 05-08-2003 09:20 AM

Cuda

I recently purchased a 39 Sutphen from Ft Meyers with 950 chiefs and 6's. Maybe you have seen it around? I'm rerigging a 41 Saber to install these drives and motors and then I'm selling the Sutphen less power. NK

dreamer 05-08-2003 10:43 AM

NK guess ill be seeing you soon!!!

Nauti Kitty 05-08-2003 02:41 PM

Cig Swap for Dreamer

Call me with the details. Hopefully see you saturday. NK:D

WickedWon 05-09-2003 08:12 AM

Parnell Are You Nuts !

The freakin' thing is going 104mph with those "little motors" , wet #6's and let me guess, 4 blades :eek: I LOVE my Saber but what the hell are you thinking ! I'm gonna have my hands full if you bring that thing to Smoke ( hope it's choppy he, he , he), are ya ? If you don't I might have a spot for ya but you gotta promise to duck down, if you stand straight your big tall ass will cost me 2 or 3 mph :D

JD

dyno 05-09-2003 08:19 AM

Is it the all white flat deck I saw in Grand Haven Sunday? sounded BAAAADDD!!!!Just saw the other post about the boat.....Still love it! Why part it out?whats the hull worth?

BODYSHOT1 05-09-2003 09:38 AM

..sounds like the 39 that was in the oso classifieds for a long time...pretty boat!

:cool:

jafo 05-09-2003 09:40 AM

New staggered 622CID Chiefs, new dry sump #6's, rigged at TNT, all installed in a Sutphen, a hull well-known for eatin' rough water for lunch.
I haven't quite figured out how to bend my knee backwards so I can kick my own ass for not buying that boat when I had the chance.....:(
I agree with Don- it would be a shame to part that boat out. What exactly does the Saber have that the Sutphen doesn't?