Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
OT: Out-Laws and holiday weekends! >

OT: Out-Laws and holiday weekends!

Notices
View Poll Results: What to do Mem. Weekend about the Out-laws?
Party anyway, have fun, ditch 'em (ya)
90.91%
Appease them, ruin my weekend! (nah)
9.09%
Voters: 33. You may not vote on this poll

OT: Out-Laws and holiday weekends!

Old 05-09-2003, 07:17 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Nicky , Give them a spare key and tell them you will see them later, We were thinking about coming over Memorial day weekend, hope to see ya.
Old 05-09-2003, 07:22 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 122 Likes on 77 Posts

Tell them you are boating all weekend and they are welcome to join you. As soon as they arrive take them for a quick boat ride making sure you scare the SH!T out of them.
Old 05-09-2003, 07:44 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Mike,
Hope we can hook up!

Dave, Tried that once...They scrub off a lot of speed. I don't have to scare them, they usually start complaining about the heat in about 20 minutes!....
Old 05-09-2003, 08:18 AM
jr

Been there and done that. I have not had on holiday free since I got married 10 years ago. Normally I problably wouldn't mind but my in-laws drive me nuts. My mother in-law is pretty cool, but my brother-inlaw and father in-law need to be smacked with a baseball bat.

Ever see the show on The Discovery Channel, American Chopper? The father and son act exactly the same as my inlaws do. Its fine for an hour a week on a TV show, and its actually comical, but when you spend an entire weekend or more, your ready to strangle everyone.

My wife usually uses me as the diversion. She will take off with her mom and I have to babysit her 65 going on 7 father. What makes things worse is that in order for a visit to happen I have to go there because they won't drive 250 miles to come here. I have to go and play nice for the sake of the kids seeing grandma and grandpa.

So I know exactly how you feel. Fortunately none of the males in that family live past 70.

Old 05-09-2003, 10:16 AM
Registered

Hell, Memorial Day definately ditch them. I tried incorporating mothers Day into a boating day by offering to take them to a waterfront retaraunt. Her Mom said it may be too warm. So I said fine come over for a cookout after 6pm.
Old 05-09-2003, 10:21 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Okay, so it seems as though at least one person wants my weekend ruined!

Jr,
Sounds familiar...Reversed, but definately familiar

Gator,
Good call.
Old 05-09-2003, 10:59 AM
Banned

Originally posted by Baja Daze
Okay, so it seems as though at least one person wants my weekend ruined!
Who is this sacreligious scoundrel????
Old 05-09-2003, 11:05 AM
Banned

This is another good reason I'm staying single.

Actually, I really enjoy Debbie's parents, especially her dad. He's the real deal. I go up there and go gator catching, wild hog hunting, and all kinds of exciting things. He has no fear of anything.

As a matter of fact, we haven't been there in a few months, and I may make that our Memorial Day destination. Memorial weekend is one of the few weekends I don't like to go boating. Too many kooks out on the water. For a lot of them, this is the first time they have tried to crank their boats since last year. Most of them wait until they get to the launch to try it. At Ft Desoto, about half of them are loading equipment to camp out on Shell Island for the weekend, and naturally they have to wait until they have the boat in the water and start hauling everything down to the boat, while the rest of us have to sit and wait for them. It is one of my very pet peeves!

Nick, if you want to see total Chaos in action, just cruise by the Ft Desoto boat launch on Memorial Day Saturday morning. You won't believe it.

See you tomorrow.
Old 05-09-2003, 11:12 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

I know the sight, Cuda! I've seen that place in action and it's an incredible mess on any busy summer holiday weekend! everyone and their brother is there trying to figure out how the whole process works while tempers flare!

It's comical unless you're in line waiting
Old 05-09-2003, 11:13 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Originally posted by cuda
Who is this sacreligious scoundrel????
I hope it's not my wife!

Quick Reply: OT: Out-Laws and holiday weekends!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.