Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
OT: Out-Laws and holiday weekends! >

OT: Out-Laws and holiday weekends!

Notices
View Poll Results: What to do Mem. Weekend about the Out-laws?
Party anyway, have fun, ditch 'em (ya)
90.91%
Appease them, ruin my weekend! (nah)
9.09%
Voters: 33. You may not vote on this poll

OT: Out-Laws and holiday weekends!

Old 05-08-2003, 04:15 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Angry OT: Out-Laws and holiday weekends!

Okay, sorry for the ranting OT bull**** but I'm pissed and I know you guys would understand.

Okay, here it is about two weeks from Memorial Weekend and I find out that my fugging Out-laws decided that they're going to march their fat asses down to FL for the weekend and visit us. I mean, WTF?!!!! They never asked, just announced. Now, the holiday 3-day wekeend that I've been so much looking forward to is practically ruined! I had plans to hang with the guys, go boating and party hard!!! It's not like I get many 3-day weekends to relax these days! .........

Oh fukk it...maybe I'll just face the consquences afterwards and party anyway!!

So, what to do? Vote 'em up!
Old 05-08-2003, 05:32 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I know how you feel. Sometimes I get pissed and want to sell the boat. My trouble is not with the inlaws. The actually help take care of the kids when I want to go out on the boat sometimes. The trouble is that my wife has a huge family that is always planning events. If its not this one's birthday it's the other's baptism and so on and so on. More and more it seems I get to use the boat once a month if I am lucky... Sometimes once every two months. It's ridiculous. I feel your pain..
Old 05-08-2003, 05:37 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Thanks guys!
LOL!

Fred,
I don't see them, they don't call, they don't visit and they live in another state.....Beautiful!

Well at least I have the 'another state' in my favor...

Frequent,
Sorry to hear that man....that would be painful. I can't stand big family get-togethers....

Take me away!!!!!!

Old 05-08-2003, 05:42 PM
Registered

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

There are 3 weekends in the summer that are considered the holy grail. I'm sure you know what three they are. EVERYONE that is on speaking terms with me knows that I/We will not be able to do anything other then go to the lake...........PERIOD!!!

My inlaws are wonderful people. I couldn't have it any better. No compaints at all ther. My wife's extended family has a family reunion for some part of the family about ever-other weekend in the summer. I'm pretty lucky I guess, the wife just tells them if they want to see us come to the lake.

Buck
Old 05-08-2003, 05:44 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 217 Likes on 126 Posts

Will the wife compromise??
Say a day, day 1/2 with them ?
thats what I would push for.

Remember, the female of the
species has a veerrrrryyyyy long
memory.

If you ditch em, you could be
paying for this for years

jt
Old 05-08-2003, 05:48 PM
Registered

Damn! I hope you can stick to your original plan! I have a feeling you are like me when it comes to holidays. You probably enjoy Memorial Day, 4th of July, and Labor Day 100 times more than Christmas, Thanksgiving and Easter!

I would tell them you have plans now! Otherwise, you'll be pissed off every second they are there!
Old 05-08-2003, 06:48 PM
My EX got the Sleekcraft
Platinum Member

Daze!!

Welcome them. Then give them the ISO check list to fill out and come back in 3 days. They will probly still be tryin to figure things out..

I hope things work out
Old 05-08-2003, 07:36 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

No birthdays, weddings or reunions on the weekend during the summer. We only have so many warm weekends up north. Both of our families know this and that is why I am the blacksheep of both families.
Old 05-08-2003, 08:03 PM
Steve_H

They never asked, just announced

thats just WRONG.

if i was you ide "just announce" that your going boating and hard partying with your buds and you "might" be back sometime before they have to leave................ oh , and take the wife with you

maybe the outlaws will learn a lesson about etiquette

Old 05-09-2003, 07:13 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Buck/TeamBaja,
Yes! You guys are right on about the '3 big holy holiday weekends'!!! They're mine to do with however I/we should please...this is understandable, right?

jt29,
Compromise is defined as I must give in...Websters' is irrelevant in this case.

Gdfatha, that might just work out!!!

rbtnt,
Yep, I know the blacksheep feeling. I always get the "but you can boat on just about every weekend of the year..." My answer: "Thanks, I think I will do just that!!"

loto,
That's the kicker! I wasn't asked. I already had plans. I'm not trying to be an *******(although I can't help it sometimes), but a little notice and being asked prior is all I want!!!

Thanks, I knew you all were on the same page! I wonder what she'll think of the poll?

Quick Reply: OT: Out-Laws and holiday weekends!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.