Some $#@&*@% was in my boat!!!!

Notices

Some $#@&*@% was in my boat!!!!

Old 05-03-2003, 10:26 PM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Received 1,195 Likes on 519 Posts
Angry Some $#@&*@% was in my boat!!!!

Sometime in the last few weeks, someone entered my boat. I am not sure when, but I found the cabin doorlock mechanism broken today, grease on my cockpit cover, and footprints on my rear seat. They did not get into the cabin though. I AM PISSED. I really feel bad for you guys that had a lot of stuff lifted. So far, I have not noticed anything missing or damaged other than the lock mechanism. I left the boat pretty well stripped for this winter's storage, including removing the outdrive. I even took out the bolsters to do some work a few weeks ago. I think if someone was trying to rip off the outdrive, they probably went into the boat to see if anything else was interesting (stereo). The other thought is that someone from my past has done this, just to piss me off. I am leaning toward the first thought. The wierd part is I store the boat in a Cover-It, which actually does make it easy to snoop around while you are inside of it; but I had the cockpit and full covers on the boat as well, and they completely re-installed both of them before leaving.
Old 05-03-2003, 11:31 PM
Mr. Demeanor

I posted this before. Go to Walmart and buy the small self contained motion detector alarm. Runs on a 9v battery all summer and squeals damn loud when someone gets in your boat. Thats all you need to get them to leave. Works with a little keychain remote and is about the size of a handheld gps. Mine is under my helm mounted with double sided tape. The dtector is aimed so it only goes of if you step into the boat. You can take the cover on and off w/o tripping it.

Old 05-03-2003, 11:36 PM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Received 1,195 Likes on 519 Posts

Thanks Mr. Demeanor. I will check that out.
Old 05-04-2003, 06:08 AM
Charter Member #927
Charter Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Brian, at least nothing was missing. That would piss me off too. You work hard to be able to afford some nice things, and some other people think they have the right to mess with them. The guy has to be pretty low.
Old 05-04-2003, 06:48 AM
Charter Member #1055/Moderator
Charter Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think I will pick up that alarm also, I leave my boat in the water every weekend.
Old 05-04-2003, 07:36 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sorry to hear about that but I've noticed that before with mine when I had it stored somewhere.

Somehow I think that pole barn is going to be built before the house
Old 05-04-2003, 08:24 AM
FNT MAN

I know how you feel. I just got back from havasu, and when i was there someone broke in and took my 6 disc cd changer,broke out my stereo, and took a bottle of 409 and dumped it every where. It wrecked my cabin pillows,my draps,and stained my seats. Luckily they didnt take my ropes,bumpers,power pak,anchor,life jackets.

Old 05-04-2003, 08:30 AM
AT Cult Member #3
VIP Member

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts
Angry

Sorry to hear that Brian!!! People just can't leave nice stuff alone!!

We keep our boat in a Hi & Dri. It is on the rack 20 ft. above the floor. So I feel safe in the theft way.
Old 05-04-2003, 11:20 AM
Charter Mod
Charter Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

There was an a--hole here at the lake that would use his "friends" boats when they weren't here. The "friend" didn't know though! All it took was to call the owner when he was out and voila, BUSTED. He is hardly even allowed in any yacht clubs or bars these days.

The motorized doors on the Cigarettes are so nice for security. Throw your stuff in and close it up.
Old 05-04-2003, 03:51 PM
Mr. Demeanor

I leave mine open and unlocked. If there taking tthe trouble to steal your equipment, I'd rather avoid as much damage as possible. By the way, I bought the alarm a long time ago and I think it was $20. Radio Shack may have one as well if Walmart no longer carries it.

Quick Reply: Some $#@&*@% was in my boat!!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.