Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   APBA Bod Who's in charge? (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/49655-apba-bod-whos-charge.html)

GrinandBarrett 05-16-2003 04:58 PM

Originally posted by Fever Mike
Rich, I have never meet anyone on OSO that is more negitive than you. I was hoping to give you 2 a "hint" but you just can't figure it out huh? Best of luck and well wishes to you Rich to find happiness in boat racing. I know deep down you must miss being around it and reporting on it and best of luck to Matthew in finding employment.
see ya, Mike

Mike,

Thank you, but that is just one of the disadvantages of being Union electrician in a state were construction is slow when its cold. As far as posting in racers milling area it just seemed that there were alot of racer oriented posts here already. I don't mean for my posts to be negative. If you feel they are I am truely sorry. As for moving my discussions to the private arena why do you feel that is nessesary noone has to read any post they don't click on themselves this tread alone has generated over 1600 hits now whether you agree with the information that I and the others post that is your choice. I believe that there has been alot of dishonesty in all of APBA and how it has been run. But I also believe that It is the members that have the best chance to stop it by asking question of all persons involved. And just because someone doesn't post thier opinions doesn't mean they don't have one. and doesn't mean they don't want to have as much Inf.
as possible.

Matthew

T2x 05-18-2003 08:34 PM

Originally posted by Fever Mike
Rich, I have never meet anyone on OSO that is more negitive than you. I was hoping to give you 2 a "hint" but you just can't figure it out huh? Best of luck and well wishes to you Rich to find happiness in boat racing. I know deep down you must miss being around it and reporting on it and best of luck to Matthew in finding employment.
see ya, Mike

Mike.... This is the simple truth..... Grin is putting out facts that either confirm or deny LLC allegations.

We were zeroing in on whether or not membership fees and insurance had been inflated and/or twisted by Detroit. This was done based on charges made by the LLC side which may or may not be true........ If true you win...if false, I suggest forther Q&A is in order.

That's neither positive nor negative...... but it is a third alternative...a realistic and open assessment of the facts. It seems that as soon as we begin to make progress the personal attacks begin.... and that serves no one well...least of all the LLC.

So , please be patient, and help clarify this issue. If Detroit is wrong...we'll admit it...

If the LLC is wrong....will you?

T2x..... the most negative poster on OSO.

BattleCry 05-19-2003 02:39 AM

Post more negative FACTS!

Peconic 05-19-2003 05:06 AM

In the "actions speak louder than words" Dept.:

Our Boyz are coming home from Marathon with more victories than ever. They showed who's really in charge. And whos races really count.

According to some people, this race was highly illegal. Now, how about some simple fact checking: Try convincing our victorious Boyz that their wins won't count. I recommend removing ones dentures before making that argument in person.

T2x 05-19-2003 08:54 AM

Originally posted by Peconic
In the "actions speak louder than words" Dept.:

Our Boyz are coming home from Marathon with more victories than ever. They showed who's really in charge. And whos races really count.

According to some people, this race was highly illegal. Now, how about some simple fact checking: Try convincing our victorious Boyz that their wins won't count. I recommend removing ones dentures before making that argument in person.

Congratulations to the Jersey Boyz....... who are really the definition of what racing should be about.... Conraderie, Competition, and a complete absence of "hype".

T2x....agreeing with Peconic as long as he doesn't consider this some kind of sophomoric physical threat.

Peconic 05-19-2003 09:40 AM

Super. Now, do their wins count?

Zero Cavity 05-19-2003 10:09 AM

My only comment to this topic is that with 80 boats in Marathon it is CLEAR that the "racers" and their sponsors support APBA Offshore LLC.

T2x 05-19-2003 10:14 AM

Originally posted by Peconic
Super. Now, do their wins count?
To whom? To them?...absolutely.... To the LLC? ...absolutely...to Detroit?.....apparently no points are awarded.... subject to resolution of the "dispute"....and that's a by product of the current situation.

So what?..... They won the races....and they're in it for the competition...not the politics. I understand they were going to terrorize the SBI race at Ft Myers next...and good luck and God Bless to them.

T2x

ModMachine 05-19-2003 10:47 AM

Originally posted by Dr.Santiago
My only comment to this topic is that with 80 boats in Marathon it is CLEAR that the "racers" and their sponsors support APBA Offshore LLC.
Apparently the media does too:

news.google.com/news?hl=en&scoring=d&edition=&q=apba

Names in the Game
FOX Sports News - 3 hours ago
Hugh Fuller and John Tomlinson won the Super Cat class and turned in the fastest average speed of 82 boats that competed in the two-day Marathon Offshore Grand Prix
foxsports.lycos.com/content/view?contentId=1350080

Names in the Game
Hugh Fuller and John Tomlinson.....
San Francisco Chronicle, CA - 5 hours ago

Fuller, Tomlinson win Keys powerboat race
Columbia State, SC - 10 hours ago

Fuller, Tomlinson win Keys powerboat race
Boston Globe, MA - 16 hours ago

Montano edges out WHM in APBA Offshore Grand Prix
Key West Citizen, FL - 11 hours ago

APBA power boat races off to safe start in Marathon
Key West Citizen, FL - May 17, 2003

& 3 more pages

Peconic 05-19-2003 11:00 AM

So what?..... They won the races....and they're in it for the competition...not the politics.

TX: Someone is skirting the real questions here. Aren't you guys proud of your "research?" Do Daytona, Marathon, Savannah et al count towards the Nationals? Without qualifyers, please. Yes or no?

Why am I sure we won't get a straight answer?

First, you and Grin spread fear, uncertainty and doubt like there's no tomorrow, and now suddenly that's a "so what?"

If that forum wouldn't be public and for the world to read, that whole thread would be a "so what." Here, in the open, peddling fear, uncertainty and doubt is reckless and irresponsible. You are hurting the sport, sport.

Mod: Now that's what I call real research.